Author Topic: Leaf Razor for Headshaving Review  (Read 2394 times)

Offline rico

• Sly Jr.
Leaf Razor for Headshaving Review
« on: June 09, 2019, 07:20:40 PM »
I just got the new and rather pricey ($80) Leaf razor last week.  It's an innovative design that you load with one, two or three half DE blades of your choosing.  You split them by bending a new DE blade in its wrapper.  A little scary, but it works.

The idea is a kind of do-it-yourself cartridge that costs way less than anything made by Gillette.  The blades install almost flat and the head pivots A LOT.  Somehow, the darn thing works well.

It has a Y-shaped handle like a cartridge razor, not like a DE razor.  To macho it up, the handle is heavy as heck.  The Leaf weighs something like 2.8 ounces, double my Gillette Fusion.

I got it for face shaving, but today I used it to shave my head along with my new favorite,  the Gillette Skinguard.  It seemed a little harder to clear than the Skinguard, but otherwise did a good job.  However, the Leaf has an annoying habit of clattering along on top of my head due to its weight.  And all that metal which must be zemak zinc though the maker doesn't say. 

I've no idea how long the blades will last in headshaving.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
Re: Leaf Razor for Headshaving Review
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2019, 06:24:16 AM »
Sounds like a good idea, will be interesting to see how well it actually works.
SlyBeard

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 11:41:54 AM »
Pretty interesting concept.  Here's their advert

Here's a video on what it takes to halve the blades.

I'm sure I'd end up slicing my finger lol. I feel like it should come with a tool to break the blades in half.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 12:01:54 PM »
Pretty interesting concept.  Here's their advert

Here's a video on what it takes to halve the blades.

I'm sure I'd end up slicing my finger lol. I feel like it should come with a tool to break the blades in half.
I'm ALL ABOUT eliminating waste. I would love to know if this works! Might be the way to go.

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2021, 07:15:54 AM »
I'm kind of interested but I don't like how the head apparently swivels.  Is there a way to stop that?  The last time I used a razor that had a swiveling head, I just didn't like it.  I might get one of those leaf razors but I doubt I ever will because I'm doing fine with the razor I'm currently using which doesn't swivel.  The swiveling part is a deal breaker for me.

Enter your email address: