Author Topic: Would you shave your head on a plane?  (Read 2461 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Would you shave your head on a plane?
« on: May 02, 2019, 11:31:22 AM »
I just saw an article shaming a guy for shaving his head using some clippers while sitting in business class. Would you consider shaving your head while on a plane?

I would, but I'd go to the bathroom to do it.

https://www.foxnews.com/travel/disgusting-passenger-shamed-for-shaving-his-head-during-flight

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Would you shave your head on a plane?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2019, 01:03:05 PM »
As a headshaver, I wouldn't be offended, but I agree, go to the bathroom to do it. The guy was rude. When it's a real hot summer morning, I sometimes have my coffee on the patio, and shave my head out there. One neighbor is usually still sleeping, and the other neighbor is a headshaver, so no worries.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2019, 02:28:33 PM »
I would not unless in the bathroom.  I think it is rude, not so much for the fact he was shaving his head, but taking care of any type of personal hygiene while in close quarters is disrespectful to the ones around you.  Since he was using an electric, it was noisy as well.  What if a lady was shaving her legs, or a guy shaving his face?  It should be the same.  That being said, there are a lot of worse things that people do on airplanes.

But on you own back porch @reddog , shave away as often as you like.  In fact, I think almost anything should be acceptable on your own back porch.  (I did say ALMOST).
SlyBeard

Offline Wiremu

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2019, 11:12:51 PM »
I would not shave on a train
I would not shave on a plane
I think that is a really bad plan
I would not do it, Sam-I-Am

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2019, 02:58:03 AM »
I say no....Not only is it rude, there is also the possibility of loose hairs falling in someone's food or drink. That alone should make any sort of personal hygiene in the open area of a plane forbidden. As far as the bathroom, for the consideration of others, I wouldn't do it there either for it may keep the bathroom occupied too long for someone who may have to use it to relieve themselves. Just wait till you get off the plane and do it at home or the hotel room.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2019, 04:56:36 PM »
Takes like 10 minutes to do the job 🙄
Wake up earlier or don't shave that day.

Gosh,is like those people who cut their nails on front of you,just don't 😷

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2019, 12:36:50 PM »
I wouldn't shave my head on a plane.  If I had to go directly from the airport to a business meeting, I would either shave at home before the flight or in the airport after landing (depending on length of the flight).

People do strange things on airplane flights.  A few years back, a young woman decided to put on nail polish, and the smell was akin to a gas attack.  I also saw a guy clip his toenails on a flight.  Given the lack of room between rows, he was contorting himself to do it.  Hopefully he pulled a muscle or two!

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2019, 11:47:38 PM »
No, it's rude to take up the bathroom for that long. Do it at the airport, if you must do it at all.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2019, 10:17:25 AM »
I wouldn't shave my head on a plane.  If I had to go directly from the airport to a business meeting, I would either shave at home before the flight or in the airport after landing (depending on length of the flight).

People do strange things on airplane flights.  A few years back, a young woman decided to put on nail polish, and the smell was akin to a gas attack.  I also saw a guy clip his toenails on a flight.  Given the lack of room between rows, he was contorting himself to do it.  Hopefully he pulled a muscle or two!
dude should have been arrested. and the woman.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2019, 04:35:57 PM »
Just repeating what others have said “ it’s rude and inconsiderate “ . :x!
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline GoHabs

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2019, 09:58:23 AM »
All personal grooming should be done in private.

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2019, 01:43:53 PM »
 Probably not. Too much risk of cutting myself if the plane encounters turbulence.
Hair is over rated.