Author Topic: Stretched Lobes with bald Domes!  (Read 52051 times)

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
Re: Stretched Lobes with bald Domes!
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2009, 12:15:24 PM »
I don't get it either, but if everyone were the same, we wouldn't have much to talk about.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline iwasdavidwatts

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2009, 01:36:36 PM »
I'm thinking about getting my ear lobes pierced but I'm worried about job interviews after. Has getting your ears gauged affected employment negatively?

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2009, 03:10:29 PM »
I think it depends on where you live.  I'm in Chicago.  I have 0 ga tunnels in both ear lobes and no one seems to give them a second glance.  I work in IT which is pretty liberal in terms of personal appearance.

Red
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 02:58:56 PM by SimplyRed »
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #48 on: January 01, 2010, 07:22:36 AM »
I've been thinking for quite a while about getting my lobes stretched, but I only have one ear pierced and think it would look better if I get the other pierced too.  This is my 'project' for 2010, but not sure what guage to take it to as yet.  The 0 ga ones look cool though... 8)

Offline Sly Red

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #49 on: January 01, 2010, 07:33:46 AM »
Rob, I only had my right lobe pierced a few years ago.  If I were recommending, I'd say start at about 10 ga (2.6 mm) and stretch about 1 mm every 6 to 8 weeks.  It's really different for different people, so you just have to play it by ear, pun intended.  :*))

Make sure that the piercer knows that you want to stretch so that they don't pierce too close to the edge.

I've been told that a 0 ga  (8.3 mm) will close up substantially if you ever want to take out your jewelery.

Red

« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 03:57:46 PM by SimplyRed »
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline frostedperspeks

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2010, 06:04:41 PM »
I used to have stretched lobes, Just thinking about going for it again.

I think it really suits a lot of sly guys.

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • The Bald by Choice Men group
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2010, 08:06:40 AM »
I like the look too

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • The Bald by Choice Men group
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2010, 10:09:06 AM »
I used to have stretched lobes, Just thinking about going for it again.

I think it really suits a lot of sly guys.

I like the look too

Go for it guys! Like SLY, you will not regret it!   YR*(k

Tat2guy, would like very much!!
Unfotunately I don't (can't) wear the rings at work. At present am at 4 mm and the holes are not noticeable with the rings out. Am going to stretch 1-2 sizes further or at least until the holes without rings don't become too obvious.
Next step will be 5 mm tunnels with the small rings passing through  :)

Offline slybronco

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2011, 01:15:30 AM »
Always wanted to have my ears pierced or get lobes nut I think my ears are too big.  Nipplesvused to be pierced, enjoyed it for a while and they hurt like a mutha. Yet the mas in me wants to get a pa???

Offline Daven

• Super Sly
« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2011, 10:51:51 PM »
I really like the look, but only up to a 0. (no offense guys that are wider, just my style). I JUST stretched my ears to a 14 and eventually want to get to a 6. That will be the limit to me.

As far as getting a sputum or other parts of my body pierced, I think putting two more holes in my head I wasn't born with, and stretching those was MORE than enough. :)  (truth be told I have two holes in my left ear but the second hole has been left alone and unused for 20+ years.

AKA Gimpy

Offline Sly Red

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2011, 03:47:19 PM »
My 00ga gauging taper arrived in Friday's mail and the silicone tunnels followed on Saturday.  The tapers went through with just a little pain and I put the tunnels in.  The whole stretch was sort of a non-event.  I can tell the holes are a little bigger but I doubt most people will notice.

This is positively my last stretch . . . until he next time I get the urge  :*))

Red

Offline Sly Red

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2013, 02:22:08 PM »
OK, the urge has struck again.  I was in San Francisco a couple of weeks ago and 11mm gauges seem absolutely vanilla.  I've ordered a 1/2 inch (12mm) taper and new silicone tunnels.  I'll probably stretch by the weekend.

Red

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2013, 03:38:34 PM »
Red, I don't even have an ear pierced, but don't think I would have enough of a lobe to do anything with.. :*))

post a pic when you get it... I'm curious to see how it looks.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2013, 04:24:51 AM »
Just talked with a lady yesterday who spent years in Papua New Guinea.  Apparently it's common for men there to do major stretching of their ear lobes.  She said it was frequent to see an older man who had stretched so much that the loop just broke open and his ear lobe was just two strips of flesh hanging down, just dangling there. 

We don't see that too much in the states ... but maybe it will be coming.  A 12 mm gauge is not too large.  The son my my co-worker has 1/2 inch plugs in his ears. 

Red, what size are the plugs in your profile picture? Are they the 11 mm?  Or is that an older picture?

I'm really enjoying my basic ear piercing.  Not expecting to gauge it up. But think the basic stud or hugging hoop earring looks nice with a bald head and a beard.

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2013, 03:40:01 PM »
Not sure itwould suit me but each to his own