Author Topic: New to being sly!  (Read 15961 times)

Offline dannytiger

• Sly Jr.
New to being sly!
« on: March 23, 2019, 09:13:57 AM »
Hello everybody! Nice to meet you, been a lurker for some time already.
Sooo, here's my story:
I was sick and tired of worrying about my bald spots everytime I walked by a mirror - I'm 36 - so I finally shaved my head. That was 9 days ago! Today I treated myself to a clean barbershop shave! I'm still unsure every now and then. I wonder if that can change over the next 21 days!

So what do you guys think? Sly or nay?

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
Re: New to being sly!
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2019, 10:47:43 AM »
I don't know how you look before,but the bald head look really suits you.

Yes is totally normal the first weeks,takes some time to get used to the new You,and that sensation of being watched all the time disappear quickly too 😂

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2019, 11:09:01 AM »
Sooo, here's my story:
I was sick and tired of worrying about my bald spots everytime I walked by a mirror - I'm 36 - so I finally shaved my head. That was 9 days ago! Today I treated myself to a clean barbershop shave! I'm still unsure every now and then. I wonder if that can change over the next 21 days!

two thumbs up.  Looks totally cool, trendy and masculine. Worry not, your bald SPOT days are likely behind ya.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2019, 12:13:25 PM »
Looks great...give it time, you'll get used to it...And welcome!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline dannytiger

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2019, 02:17:41 PM »
thx for your replies!
btw this is me with "hair":

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2019, 05:08:34 PM »
Definitely,much better as a Q-ball

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2019, 11:54:12 PM »
thx for your replies!

Damn  Sam !   that is not you “ with hair “;  that is you with a billboard sign saying” I am a victim!”.  there is absolutely no question in my mind that you look 1000% better with that clean beautiful dome did you do with that beautiful little fluff on the top of your head!  wow I bet you already noticed you’re getting more “attention”; aren’t you?   Man you made the right decision you look great !!

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2019, 01:47:46 AM »
Sooo, here's my story:

Looks much better sly.  you even look less worried in the picture than on the one with hair.  Hang on for the 30 days as it does take some time to adjust

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2019, 09:27:41 AM »
thx for your replies!

Damn  Sam !   that is not you “ with hair “;  that is you with a billboard sign saying” I am a victim!”.  there is absolutely no question in my mind that you look 1000% better with that clean beautiful dome did you do with that beautiful little fluff on the top of your head!  wow I bet you already noticed you’re getting more “attention”; aren’t you?   Man you made the right decision you look great !!
Dude, no-brainer. You up'ed your game by a hundred. Don't take this the wrong way, but that thin hair didn't look healthy on ya.

Now, instant trendy cool.

Offline dannytiger

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2019, 09:52:00 AM »
Thanks guys, I appreciate your kind and honest answers.
So far nearly all reactions to shaving my head have been ranging from "Looks good" to "It suits you".
I guess the problem is that I have not yet realized that this is what I'm going to look like for a long time. I hated my unhealthy hair, but I never wanted to be "that bald guy" either. I'm beginning to wonder why though. I'm simply not used to it, I guess.

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2019, 09:53:33 AM »
Thanks guys, I appreciate your kind and honest answers.
So far nearly all reactions to shaving my head have been ranging from "Looks good" to "It suits you".
I guess the problem is that I have not yet realized that this is what I'm going to look like for a long time. I hated my unhealthy hair, but I never wanted to be "that bald guy" either. I'm beginning to wonder why though. I'm simply not used to it, I guess.
~
@dannytiger that bald guy has the world at his feet, why wouldnt you want to be him?

Offline clipped

• Sly
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2019, 12:32:08 PM »
Please don't take this the wrong way, but people were likely to be calling you "That Bald Guy" even before you shaved your head, as they were probably saying about me also.  You look 100% better, way more cool, athletic, appropriately younger, but more mature, with a shaved head. 

Offline dannytiger

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2019, 01:01:20 PM »
You are probably right! I used to wear baseball caps 24/7, even at work if my boss allowed it and tried very hard to hide my hair. It was never an option to shave „the weed“ as I liked to call it off until I went to this hipster barbershop and the barber tried to convince me to do it. He called my hair „unsalvageable“. Even though I refused politely and I was actually a bit mad with that guy, that idea stuck with with me and grew. That was a few months ago. Now every day it‘s a bit easier to adjust. And my female coworkers keep asking to touch my head 💪🏻.
I should have done this earlier I guess, but it‘ll take a few weeks more to wake up in the morning without the strange sensation that there is just cold, a bit squishy (lol) skin where soft hair was. Does the skin desensitize a bit or is ist just about growing accustomed to it?

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2019, 02:02:02 PM »
Please don't take this the wrong way, but people were likely to be calling you "That Bald Guy" even before you shaved your head, as they were probably saying about me also.  You look 100% better, way more cool, athletic, appropriately younger, but more mature, with a shaved head.

Better be the "Bald Guy" than the "Balding guy",it was an improvement.

Offline Wiremu

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2019, 06:13:59 PM »
but I never wanted to be "that bald guy" either.

Perhaps soon, like many of the rest of us, you'll embrace being "that bald guy."
Rock the look bro :)