Discussions About Being Bald > Advantages and Disadvantages to being Bald

Scalp Wrinkles

<< < (2/2)

chrisphilly123:

--- Quote from: sly8ball on March 20, 2019, 04:03:47 AM ---Thanks for the reply Semi-Sly. I guess you're lucky if you only have them there, as they can't really be seen, from the front. 

I suppose, it's just a combination of genetics, age and sun, that's taken its toll. Since I started losing my hair and began shaving in 1994, I've never worn hats outside. I live in the UK, so it's not the first place you think of for a lot of sunshine, but the summers can be pretty hot on occasions. I do use , but a hat is the best way to block UV, so even with , I suspect the sun has taken it's toll, after so many years. That's said, in terms of pigment, sun spots etc., there's no real evidence of sun damage. I see older guys, really older guys with loads of sun spots / sun damage, but tight scalps with no wrinkles (as far as I can tell, I only glance in passing sometimes, and as with my wrinkles, if others have them, perhaps it's not really so evident unless, they raise their eyebrows)

It's like most of you guys say on here, everyone's scalp is different, none are perfect and we see more issues (skull shape, dents, marks, lines etc.)  with our own heads than others do, especially as we view them far more closely.

I never wet shaved and have always used an  - currently  Arc-5 or  series 7  (sometimes, just buzz my noggin real close with a  What a Shaver, with zero gap T-blade) and do push quite hard on the skin when shaving, so it's possible, I've kind of stretched the skin slightly over so many years)

As you can see from the photo the wrinkles aren't obvious and are only visible when I raise my forehead and the top of my head 'puckers up' slightly (for want of a better description). So, that's why I was wondering if others have the odd wrinkle or scalp movement?

--- End quote ---
I never really thought much of wrinkles, etc.  That said, your scalp is as good as anyone's. Looks pretty normal.

BTW, Using your dry shavers, how close to you get compared to a standard blade? In terms of showing a 5 o'clock shadow, do you think the dry shaver close to a wet shave?

sly8ball:
Not been on here for quite a while.. belated thanks to Dragon, Tony Dadá  & chrisphilly123 for the replys.

As for my scalp wrinkles, I think the top of my head just has a bit more laxity and movement than a lot of guys, no real tightness or fibrosis, so when I raise my eye brows, my perfectly smooth head just wrinkles mildly, as my galea moves foward slightly, otherwise it's not evident.

chrisphilly123 - An electric shaver doesn't get as close as wet shaving, but I find an electric shaver, easier on my scalp, in terms of no discomfort, shaving rash or ingrown hairs (I get almost no problems with an electric foil shaver). I still get a shadow, regardless of whether I wet or dry shave, but in terms of smoothness, obviously the wet shave last a bit longer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version