Discussions About Being Bald > Advantages and Disadvantages to being Bald

FATHER and his bald head

(1/3) > >>

chrisphilly123:
As long as I can remember, my dad was bald and had that grey facial hair. The only time I saw him with hair was old wedding pictures before I was born.

I gotta hand it to him, he was always confident in his own skin. Nothing rattled him.

He saw me struggle as a kid when I started to loose my hair but let me find my own way. The first time he saw me after I shaved my head, I could sense he was content, even proud, of the decision I made.

I try to emulate him but he's got big shoes to fill.

reddog:
Wow Chris, that's cool to have a sly dad! Do you ever talk about shaving? Great way to have a common bond with a parent.

My dad passed in 1975 when I was 21. I had very long hair, and he was always bugging me to get a crewcut. I'm sure he would approve of my current haircut though!

chrisphilly123:

--- Quote from: reddog on March 01, 2019, 12:29:19 PM ---Wow Chris, that's cool to have a sly dad! Do you ever talk about shaving? Great way to have a common bond with a parent.

My dad passed in 1975 when I was 21. I had very long hair, and he was always bugging me to get a crewcut. I'm sure he would approve of my current haircut though!

--- End quote ---
We never really talked about it. My dad was a many of few words but heart of gold. The most important thing for him is that we treated my mom with respect.

scooby:
your father should be proud to have a great son like you.

slybeard:
That's great, he was sly when sly wasn't cool.  Well, it was cool to me.

My father passed away when he was 39, me 14.  He had some thinning going on, but still had his hair.  His Father's side held on to their hair fairly well, but his mother's side were mostly bald, some very early.  My cousins mostly still have their hair., but the ones that lost it did so early.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version