Author Topic: Omnishaver Shave Butter  (Read 2802 times)

Offline Slyguylou

• Sly Guy in Training
Omnishaver Shave Butter
« on: February 28, 2019, 06:50:36 AM »
Hello, folks,

I recently received my order of Omnishaver Shave Butter, and figured I’d give you my thoughts on it.  As you may know from another reply in a post, I use the Omnishaver razor and 1 bajillion percent love it !!

From this review here, (https://howtobeard.com/2019/01/21/omnishavers-shave-butter-review/?fbclid=IwAR3vdoVERu6SZK7UMWkybN8nGZge6g7nNedprP2LIbhGdItSkrvOZc9jZ2k), and some Q&A on their FB page, it seems that this is pretty much an all-in-one product; shave with it, use it as aftershave & moisturizer.

Since I still have some aftershave and moisturizer to use up, (Headblade HeadClear and HeadLube), I’ve only been using it as my shaving gel/cream so far.

First let me say, it gave me as good a shaving experience as HeadSlick and Cremo do, so $14 after shipping for a 6oz bottle, ($10 base cost), I think, if I find it also seems to be effectively acting as an aftershave, (from a prevent irritation, bumps, ingrown hairs, etc, standpoint, not from a scent standpoint), and moisturizer, then it’s the best bang for my buck.

If I find that for whatever reason, I prefer a separate aftershave and/or moisturizer, then the Cremo is the best bang for my buck.

Having said that…

I typically shave my head every day, but I also skipped a few days to see how it would fare both in every day and every few days scenarios.

So, as I said, I found it to be as slick as both HeadSlick and Cremo, long lasting slickness and comfort. 

I actually like the way Cremo feels on my head more, (I used the peppermint/menthol one or whatever it is), so that’s just personal taste YMMV. 

One odd thing I found, and the first time caused me to use extra, (which if always necessary, would negate any cost value), is that it does NOT get all white and “lathery.”  When I rub Headslick or Cremo around my head and work it in, it turns white… this Shave Butter does not… it remains pretty clear. 

You really just notice a “sheen” on your head.  So, the first time I added more to “lather” it up… but that didn’t work… so I started to just shave anyway.  As I said, it worked phenomenally well. 

Going forward I simply used the small amount recommended, same as I use with HeadSlick and Cremo, and it worked like a charm.

Long lasting slickness, and an absolutely great shave each day now for about 8 days.

Do I think it’s better or worse than either HeadSlick or Cremo; no, but I do think it’s a better value than HeadSlick, though not better then Cremo UNLESS it truly can handle the heavy lifting of an aftershave and moisturizer.  If it can do that, truly be an “all in one” product, then it’s a great value.

Either way, for those looking to try new products, I VERY HIGHLY recommend this product.

If anyone else has used this, I’d be curious as to your thoughts.

Thanks for reading.

Take care,
Lou

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Omnishaver Shave Butter
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 05:32:29 PM »
@Slyguylou thank you for the great review! I'll have to give it a try.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2021, 05:53:19 AM »
Yesterday I ordered some shave butter.  I'm not sure what I'm looking for because I have my shaving routine pretty much perfect, however, I'm always trying new products so I might by chance find something that works better.

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2021, 12:50:03 PM »
I received my shaving butter and tried it. About halfway through I had to rinse the stuff off then grabbed my wifes hair conditioner which worked much better.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2021, 11:32:18 PM »
I received my shaving butter and tried it. About halfway through I had to rinse the stuff off then grabbed my wifes hair conditioner which worked much better.

I can see the Omni company won’t be able to use you to sell their products . Thanks for the review.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2021, 04:33:02 AM »
The omni company already has sold me their products but they just don't work for me.