Author Topic: Does anyone else find the HeadLube Matte moisturizer too greasy?  (Read 7667 times)

jusbnme

Re: Does anyone else find the HeadLube Matte moisturizer too greasy?
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2007, 02:37:09 AM »
i suggested that a really long time ago. so great minds do think alike. they thinka like mine. ha ha

Yep, yep.  I do believe I remember that one a while back from paulie.  He is the originator of that idea.

Offline Deadbob

• Dust Collector
  • Sly
  • Bald - Again
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2007, 02:58:21 AM »
Glossy made my head greasy & matte made me break out... so I go with the cold rinse (ice cube rub down if I'm going out) and aloe vera

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2007, 05:07:50 AM »
I use Headlube Glossy that was sent to me by my good friend,the Bald Rider,Paul.

I love the stuff. It gives a great shine and I dont find it greasy at all. Before that I was using a generic 30spf sunscreen/moisteuriser which gave an alrite shine.

And before that I used Almond Oil and Baby Oil which of course are horriblely greasy. I ruined a few of my collared shirts using the stuff.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2007, 09:41:48 PM »
I was able to finally pick up some Headlube Glossy at Walgreen's and I have been using it the last two days.
I find it works excellent, gives me just the right shine, and is not greasy at all for me (and I'm a greasy Italian, lol).
It could be you're using a bit too much, with this a little goes a long way.
That being said, I don't think the Matte would be greasy at all.
It really depends on your skin type, and it's possible some people may even have a reaction from certain ingredients.
Give the Bald Guyz moisture gel a shot, it's water based and is absorbed quicker. Very good stuff too.

Offline Deadbob

• Dust Collector
  • Sly
  • Bald - Again
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2007, 11:27:13 PM »
I use a pea size dab of either, and it still makes my head greasy

Offline cuzzin

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2007, 08:50:38 PM »
I've switched up from the HeadLube Matte to the Bald Guys gel, and I'm definitely liking it better so far. It's not as greasy as the Matte was for me and it absorbs very nicely. I like the feel of my head better with the BG gel.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2007, 09:43:19 AM »
Good to hear the Bald Guyz gel is working better for you, cuzzin.
I started using that when I first shaved and it's a great product. I am currently using the Headlube glossy and I like that too. I will use both alternately each week or so.