Various Non-Bald Discussions > Autos,Toys and Hobbies

Classic cars and hotrods

<< < (2/3) > >>

Quiet_Dan:
Mine isn't a classic in the same terms, but it is old enough to pass for historic rego over here in Australia.

It is a 1985 Suzuki MightyBoy it's a kei ute(truck as you guys from the US would say but that seems a bit of a stretch to call it that) factory standard they come with a 19kw (24hp) 543cc engine, but mine has a 29kw 796cc engine.

The pics you see are when I drove it from Perth to Adelaide accross the Nullarbor Plain. To do it I travelled about 90-95kph for about 10hours a day for 4 days (which was really pushing the old girl hard), But she didn't miss a beat distance wise it was about approximate to driving half way LA to New York, except in between there is NO cities and only about 2 major towns. You also only cross 1 state border (which is why I stopped for a photo)

Semi-Sly:
I am still "wishing".  I have been crazy about classic cars since I was 5 years old and I have probably been to every car museum in the country.  But I am not "handy" so my friends have dissuaded me from every getting anything that I cannot have towed in to a dealer!

So, I have a couple of convertibles for fun.

My physical condition has deteriorated to the point that I cannot  even drive a three wheel motorcycle, or even a bicycle, anymore; so I had to let the bike go.  Next week I have to hire a broker to sell the boat for me.

reddog:
It's true, when you have an 80 year old car, you better expect to work on it, alot! Luckily, I can still do almost everything on it. I usually plan major projects for our long winter so I can enjoy our short summers at car shows. And having 400 horsepower under the hood makes it fun to drive!

PDXGuy:
Reddog,

Wow amazing car!

Dave

reddog:
Thanks Dave, I tell people I look like my car, all round and smooth!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version