Author Topic: Harrassed by a family member for being sly  (Read 3884 times)

Offline ScaraBerry

• Sly Guy in Training
Harrassed by a family member for being sly
« on: December 01, 2018, 06:26:22 AM »
So, I'm in a situation where I need some advice. I've had a challenging year altogether and one of the highlights has been going bald. I absolutely love how it looks and feels and have been getting complimets all over the place, I love it!
Now my mom is really making it tough though. I've always been very close to her but since going bald she's been bugging me and asking me to grow it out DAILY, messaging and calling.
Today she actually started a screaming match because it makes her so mad that I choose to keep a bbs head.
She says stuff like I'll be single forever (despite getting a lot of male attention with the sly look) and treats me like a monster all of a sudden. I haven't shaved in a few days and already feel frustrated about it.
Have any of you ever had someone in your lives who bugged you endlessly and basically bullied you for being sly?
Any suggestions as to how to handle a close person in your lives who is determined to pressure you out of the way you want to look?

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Harrassed by a family member for being sly
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 07:06:57 AM »
It's hard when someone just can't accept you haircut choice. Especially when it's your mom. She may never accept it, but hopefully she will tolerate it at some point.

I only have one couple, they were my best friends for decades, have stopped all communications. She made it clear she didn't like my head shaved. Not much I can do, but I surely miss their friendship.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline ScaraBerry

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2018, 07:37:32 AM »
Thank you for the encouragement. Yes, it is disappointing when a surface thing like this changes the way someone views us as people, like your friends you mentioned.
It is tough but hopefully time will soften her views and I won't have to lose touch over something like this.

Offline chuck63

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2018, 09:23:00 AM »
Whenever I shave my head, it’s by choice.  I don’t have much of a receding hairline.  I’ve had compliments about being bald by choice and most people are indifferent.   My mother has been vocal about not liking it, but over time she has accepted it.  You’re an attractive bald lady, and if you choose to continue shaving your head, you should do so and not worry about what anyone else thinks. 

Offline artudo123

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2018, 09:27:18 AM »
@ ScaraBerry

I actually hid my shaved head from my mom for the first few days because of how critical she is over any alteration I do to my body whether it be my hair, tattoos or piercings. About once a week she'll still ask me if I'm thinking of growing it back. I didn't realize this, but my hair made me really unhappy. I hated how fast it grew, how much money I spent on getting it cut every month, and I could never seem to be happy with how it was cut or coloured.

I work in retail and almost 2 months later I still have customers telling me I look hideous. Other asked what possessed me to do such a thing. Another person told me I should leaving being bald to people who have cancer or can't grow their hair. I shave my head everyday and have the same couple of coworkers who say "I see your hair is growing back" which is impossible when I come into work everyday 2 hours after I've shaved it. The only time I don't shave it is on my days off.

Stay strong, don't let your mom get to you (easier said than done). I'm sure you look amazing sly!!!!

Offline max.b

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2019, 03:04:47 PM »
If you were shaving your head out of necessity or for yourself, I'd say nothing, but since you are doing it to look attractive to men, here goes:

I think to me personally sly bald women can look beautiful, like her

but in a very non-sexual kind of way (like children). It attracts attention and gives people something to comment on, but is she more attractive sexually?

Offline max.b

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2019, 09:34:11 PM »
It's hard when someone just can't accept you haircut choice. Especially when it's your mom. She may never accept it, but hopefully she will tolerate it at some point.

I only have one couple, they were my best friends for decades, have stopped all communications. She made it clear she didn't like my head shaved. Not much I can do, but I surely miss their friendship.

Sounds very strange. A lot of guys are bald in their 60s anyway.

Are they refusing to accept the fact that you are sly bald, or do they think you are insane for being BBC and are just trying to keep their distance from the insane guy?

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2019, 11:21:32 PM »
If you were shaving your head out of necessity or for yourself, I'd say nothing, but since you are doing it to look attractive to men, here goes:

I think to me personally sly bald women can look beautiful, like her

but in a very non-sexual kind of way (like children). It attracts attention and gives people something to comment on, but is she more attractive sexually?
I agree.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2019, 05:08:19 AM »
Max, I think it's just that they know I still have most of my hair and don't understand why I shave it, guess that means they are leaning on the insane thinking. I have a couple other friends that don't like that I'm BBC, but after 5 years just accept it. Geez, it's only a haircut, people need to lighten up!
Bald by choice, and loving it!