Author Topic: My 24 y/o twin sons are losing their hair  (Read 4400 times)

Offline Ty1963

• Sly Jr.
  • Hi I'm Ty
My 24 y/o twin sons are losing their hair
« on: February 10, 2019, 06:48:24 PM »
So, my 24 year old twin sons are both losing their hair one is already lost his crown and has pretty good recession on the Temple areas. Want is hell-bent on having hair transplants and using drugs the other is just some walk in denial and unfortunately neither had a good example of dealing with hair loss from their father, although I have certainly been trying for the past 4 months neither one of them want to lose their hair I've said everything I know to say. Any opinions or advice would be welcomed.

Hi I'm Ty I'm 55 years old my hair started thinning in my late 20s and really started thinning quickly in my late 40s I've worn a hair system for the last year and I've just decided to shave my head for 30 days and give it a try so far I like it I feel confident with my bald head. Feels great!

Offline Quiet_Dan

• Super Sly
Re: My 24 y/o twin sons are losing their hair
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 02:30:56 AM »
I can't offer too much advice, but be able to give them encouragement that it isn't unheard of to reach that level of hair loss at 24, I first shaved my head at 25 at the prompting of my girlfriend, and seeing photos of before that time it was well and truly time, I had the hairline of my father in his 60's by 25. It certainly isn't the end of the world, sure I wouldn't have shaved my head except for my balding, but yeah now that I am I'm completely cool with it.
God created only a few perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair!

Offline Miller1989

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 07:25:19 AM »
My only advice is to tell them how much you enjoy your shaved head now and to do everything possible to steer them away from the drug route. And also point out to them that many guys their age have their heads shaved, so they won't be alone. Also, do they have women in their lives? If so, some encouragement from the ladies usually goes a long way.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 08:23:34 AM »
Sorry to hear about their situation, and their reactions to it.  It is hard to believe their reaction when I see so many young guys these days that embrace their hair loss and shave or buzz.  Even a lot of guys that still have hair buzz short.

Do they have any friends with buzzed or shaved heads?
SlyBeard

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 11:33:44 AM »
They don't want to look like his dad, totally understandable.

Time is what they need.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2019, 12:48:45 PM »
Can't imagine those kids not wanting to look like dad, you look awesome Ty! I guess you just can't pressure them. Show them some photos of the scar you get after a transplant, might discourage them.

I remember when I was a young adult with shoulder length hair, my dad was constantly bugging me to get a crewcut. It was the early seventies, so no way I would do that. Wonder what he would think of my haircut now!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2019, 03:13:02 PM »
You could send them here to SBG. There are plenty of posts regarding young guys losing their hair early and shaving their head. There are also posts regarding the negative aspects of hair transplants and drugs.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2019, 05:43:01 PM »
Can't imagine those kids not wanting to look like dad, you look awesome Ty! I guess you just can't pressure them. Show them some photos of the scar you get after a transplant, might discourage them.

I remember when I was a young adult with shoulder length hair, my dad was constantly bugging me to get a crewcut. It was the early seventies, so no way I would do that. Wonder what he would think of my haircut now!

Well,many guys don't want the rough style that a bald head provides and want to look "cute" with something to comb.

I bet that your father would love it!

Offline Ty1963

• Sly Jr.
  • Hi I'm Ty
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2019, 09:49:18 PM »
Well thanks for all the advice, I'm not pressuring them to shave their head although I have just waited them from using medication, and I've given them the woes of guys have had transplants so young and you continue to lose their hair behind their transplants so I guess all family is their choice the interesting thing is it's the one son who's kind of in denial is the one that told me that I should shave my head and just forget about the hair system which I find to be sort of interesting but I guess it comes with time hopefully I'll make the right choice whatever choice that is I guess but as I pointed out it's not like they had a great role model in dealing hair loss.
Hi I'm Ty I'm 55 years old my hair started thinning in my late 20s and really started thinning quickly in my late 40s I've worn a hair system for the last year and I've just decided to shave my head for 30 days and give it a try so far I like it I feel confident with my bald head. Feels great!

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2019, 07:09:51 AM »
The best you can do is to be there when they as for your support, sometimes passive parenting is the best form. I would try to steer your one son AWAY from a HT or meds, if it comes up.

Offline Ty1963

• Sly Jr.
  • Hi I'm Ty
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2019, 10:14:18 PM »
Well I think we have had a breakthrough the one who wanted hair transplants and meds has listen to what I been telling him with regards to those things started checking them out for himself, so he's told me that when the time comes probably over the next year or so that he's just going to shave his head and be done with it that he's got good features and he's happy with his appearance and his body so he's not going to worry about his hair anymore. I mean I'm sorry that they're having to deal with this but his attitude seems very positive now as he realizes it could be something much worse.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2019, 12:31:19 AM »
What one twin does - the other will follow.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2019, 05:23:49 PM »
Well I think we have had a breakthrough the one who wanted hair transplants and meds has listen to what I been telling him with regards to those things started checking them out for himself, so he's told me that when the time comes probably over the next year or so that he's just going to shave his head and be done with it that he's got good features and he's happy with his appearance and his body so he's not going to worry about his hair anymore. I mean I'm sorry that they're having to deal with this but his attitude seems very positive now as he realizes it could be something much worse.

It just takes a little time to come to terms with it, but it usually works out.  Glad he isn’t going to go the plugs and drugs route.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2019, 11:32:50 AM »
So, my 24 year old twin sons are both losing their hair one is already lost his crown and has pretty good recession on the Temple areas. Want is hell-bent on having hair transplants and using drugs the other is just some walk in denial and unfortunately neither had a good example of dealing with hair loss from their father, although I have certainly been trying for the past 4 months neither one of them want to lose their hair I've said everything I know to say. Any opinions or advice would be welcomed.
I'm not qualified to give you advice on this because I never had kids. That said, my old man went bald young and prob realized I was going to follow in his genetics. He never pushed me and would have supported my choice in dealing with hair loss.

After I shaved, he did seem kind of relieved. I guess in his book, I 'maned' up as he did. On the other hand, my mom was upset while I was loosing my hair and upset once it was gone. She could never hold back her opinion.

Best to your kids and their choices.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2019, 06:47:54 PM »
I'm not qualified to give you advice on this because I never had kids. That said, my old man went bald young and prob realized I was going to follow in his genetics. He never pushed me and would have supported my choice in dealing with hair loss.

After I shaved, he did seem kind of relieved. I guess in his book, I 'maned' up as he did. On the other hand, my mom was upset while I was loosing my hair and upset once it was gone. She could never hold back her opinion.

Best to your kids and their choices.

Moms never want their little boys to grow up.  Loosing hair, shaving, and growing facial hair are all reminders that their little boy is no longer, and never will be again, a little boy.
SlyBeard