Author Topic: Skin Cancer heads up today at work.  (Read 10348 times)

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Skin Cancer heads up today at work.
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2007, 12:17:08 PM »
schro.... good point 2 the sly guys.... don't 4get the ears. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Sabata

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2007, 09:43:36 PM »
Hey fellas, my first post here on SBG. O0

A little intro and background info before getting down to business. I am not sly yet (coming soon!) but have been thinning/receding for years. Thanks to my Irish ancestors I have very fair skin and burn bad. Sunburned scalp sucks. Wearing sunscreen is part of my normal routine if I am going to be outdoors for more than a few minutes. My usual sunscreen is the same stuff a lot of you guys use--SPF 30 Banana Boat Sport. I also wear a Tilley, palm or straw hat to shade the ol' melon.

That out of the way, a couple questions for you guys who have used products such as Matte for Men, Head Shade and L'Oreal Comfort Max.

1. Do they leave your skin with that funny feeling like most regular sunscreens do? I think you know what I am talking about. It isn't a greasy feeling, just a strange "residue" that hangs on till you wash it off with soap and water.

2. Does sweat cause any of those products to run into your eyes and make them burn? I sometimes leave sunscreen off my forehead (as long as I am wearing a hat!) because of that.

Thanks!

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2007, 09:52:16 PM »
sabata....1st of all...welcome 2 the sly fraternity.  glad that ya found us.  post up in the introduction section so that we can give ya a proper welcome.  i can't help ya out on any info or feedback on the matte for men, head shade & l'oreal comfort max because i only use the banana boat & coppertone sunscreen.  however.... there r several sly brahs that use those products.  u  may want 2 check out the "shaving products" section 2 find out.  hope this helps & again...welcome 2 the sbg forum.  post up often & ask questions.  we  r  here 4 u.

WARHAWK O0

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2007, 09:54:16 PM »
Sabata,
Welcome. I was posting/observing on this site even before I did the deed and went sly. I had many questions as well. As far as sunscreen goes, the L'Oreal does not leave you with a greasy feeling at all. It's a nice product.

As far as sweating goes, if it's bad, I re-apply whatever I'm using. Just my personal take.

My suggestions to you.
1. Open a Harp.
2. Chase it with a Bushmills
3. Buy a HeadBlade!

All the best,
Schro!!

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2007, 09:55:12 PM »
hey sabata....check out the  "products review" section 4 some of your questions.

WARHAWK O0

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2007, 11:04:56 PM »
Tyler, the Matte for Men, does it tend to stay greasy looking or does it soak up pretty well?

It's designed to give a Matte look, so it doesn't leave my head greasy.  Though it's much more expensive than the others, I like it a lot.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2007, 11:09:59 PM »
Hey Tyler, I know HeadBlade has Head Shade, but is there any consideration to putting sun screen in their HeadLube?

I hope they are.  I've mentioned it to Todd a couple of times.  I really like HeadLube, but I only wear it at night when I know there isn't any sun to burn my dome.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2007, 11:12:04 PM »
That out of the way, a couple questions for you guys who have used products such as Matte for Men, Head Shade and L'Oreal Comfort Max.

1. Do they leave your skin with that funny feeling like most regular sunscreens do? I think you know what I am talking about. It isn't a greasy feeling, just a strange "residue" that hangs on till you wash it off with soap and water.

2. Does sweat cause any of those products to run into your eyes and make them burn? I sometimes leave sunscreen off my forehead (as long as I am wearing a hat!) because of that.

Thanks!

Sabata, welcome to Sly Bald Guys!  Feel free to post up an introduction on the Introductions board so that we can give you a proper welcome.

!. I've never had a funny feeling from wearing any of the products you mention or had a funny residue.

2. Neither of those products have caused my eyes to burn when I sweat.

shakf

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2007, 06:52:16 AM »
I'm of South Asian origin so I don't think it's a high risk, but it's worth using sun screen just in case.

Offline Head Bald Guy

• Super Sly
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2007, 06:34:50 PM »
Hey Guys,

For the ultimate in head protection don't forget Bald Guyz Sunscreen. It's a quick drying gel with moisturizers that won't sweat off.

HBG

marty22

« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2007, 09:44:43 AM »
Watch the sun!  I was avid sun guy for years. I had to have many laser treatments for pigmentation (brown spots) and a lot of crusty spots on the nose frozen off over a 2-year period. Im more careful now. But I guess a lot of us get these when we're older.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 09:46:49 AM by marty22 »

Offline zuckermania

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2007, 11:37:47 AM »
The headshade stuff isn't bad.  I'm almost done with this bottle.  The only problem is it's SPF 15 which means after a couple of hours in the sun you might as well be wearing cooking oil.  A little sun is not a bad thing... studies have shown that if you have a tan you have a much better survival rate with melenoma.  That being said, anytime you get sunburn you double your chance of getting melenoma.  My routine is pretty simple... anytime I'm out without a hat for a decent amount of time, I'm wearing head shade.  If I'm doing work outside, I'm probably wearing a hat.  If I'm going to the beach, or plan on being outside in hot sun for a while, I'm putting real sunscreen on.  SPF 15 is enough for moderate sun for maybe an hour and a half of exposure, but I wouldn't trust my life with it against a day on the beach.  I think if HB were to throw some zinc and SPF 30 or 45 into their Headlube, life would be good.

Offline froze

• Sly
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2007, 03:25:24 PM »
I am really have tender skin so I can get sunburnt really easy!
and have had some skin cancer taken off, no fun!!!

I always keep at least SPF45 everywhere I go even in the winter time. Plus if I am out in
the sun for long periods of time I wear a hat!

Enter your email address: