Author Topic: Troubles with headblade....  (Read 7199 times)

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Troubles with headblade....
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2008, 01:48:32 AM »
i use the triple blades by Sensor....or the cheap off brand from walmart....persona?  not sure ....have to look......i just know what the package looks like LOL

Timmy you should never use those cheap blades...remember what I did to my melon when I used those cheap Atras?

Offline joergHH

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2008, 02:24:20 AM »
Which blades do you guys feel work best?

I use the HB-double blades for my head and the HBtriples for the face. Doubles work best for my the head, they give a smoother shave than the trips, but in the face I got cuts and burn by the doubs.

J

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2008, 11:27:44 AM »
I use HB Triples w/ headslick and never have any prob.

I don't use a lot of headslick (about the size of a quarter in my palm) and after I slather it all over my scalp, I use my shaving brush to lather it up so it isn't so thick (shdwwlk gave me that tip).

I also shave in the shower.
“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2008, 11:56:14 AM »
i use the triple blades by Sensor....or the cheap off brand from walmart....persona?  not sure ....have to look......i just know what the package looks like LOL

Timmy you should never use those cheap blades...remember what I did to my melon when I used those cheap Atras?
I dont use the Atras...those things are deadly...but the persona's are good.  I dont find any fault with them.  I trust those...the Atra's...wont ever show their presence in my house again...

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2008, 12:58:06 PM »
I don't use a lot of headslick (about the size of a quarter in my palm) and after I slather it all over my scalp, I use my shaving brush to lather it up so it isn't so thick (shdwwlk gave me that tip).

I'm a sinker, and work up a lather w/ my hands, but I may try this brush idea.  Because working a lather w/ more water thins the Headslick, w/o compromising its lubricating function, I never have any "clogging" problem w/ the cream, but on the back of my head from the nap to the "hole", the hair is very much alive and well, so a lot of rinsing w/ plenty of stubble going down the drain. 

Offline cooncatbob

• Sly
    • Bob'sRazor Works
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2008, 01:43:55 PM »
I don't use a Headblade, but try rinsing after every stroke if necessary.

#i&@  Bob,  where did you get your hat?

Max

My friend Art made it for me.
http://www.vintagesilhouettes.com/

Offline 440satellite

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2008, 07:38:08 PM »
Quote from: TimmJ [/quote
I dont use the Atras...those things are deadly...but the persona's are good.  I dont find any fault with them.  I trust those...the Atra's...wont ever show their presence in my house again...

I'm using the same el cheapo atras, mine claim "pivot plus" on the pack.  May be Walmart may be dollar store, dunno.  So far they are not doing me too bad.  But being new I'm still assuming there's alot of chewing to be done on the mellon till it's smooth.  Every day less nicked up so I guess that's good.  I'll get those pesky bumps sawed down yet.

BaldRob

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2008, 09:37:29 AM »
I use the Atra Plus on my HB Sport... they give me the best, closest shave!  I've tried all the others, i.e., HB Doubles, Triples, and Sensors... and for me, none of them work as well as the Atras.

Offline ryebread

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2008, 07:16:01 PM »

Ok I'm confused! How many different blade types can you use with the head blade? I just bought the head blade sport. Which kind of blades come with it?

Offline outsider82

• Sly
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2008, 04:19:00 AM »

JDog,

What blades do you use? Do you use a headblade? I find the same clogging problem with the classic blades from headblade.

Unfortunately they are the only ones you can seem to get here downunder.

Any tips?

Out

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2008, 12:45:08 PM »
ryebread, they usually come with an Atra type blade. You can also use Sensor type blades with the correct adapter.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

GASlick

« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2008, 01:08:39 PM »
I'm a die hard FUSION user.  I've looked at those HeadBlades and I've read a lot of posts on here.  Frankly, I don't think I need to hassle.  The fusion works great.

I will say this bulls_fan:  a little HeadSlick goes a long way.  About a dime size in my palm is all I ever need.

FUSION ROCKS! O0

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2008, 01:59:31 PM »
HEADBLADE ...."ROCKS.....and ROLLS"!  Top that...lol