Author Topic: Who the F*CK is THEY?  (Read 3953 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Who the F*CK is THEY?
« on: January 18, 2019, 12:27:58 PM »
Here's a video rant I just did based on a question I heard watching the Gary Vee podcast, "who the F*CK is THEY? It discusses why people are so worried about what "THEY" think, regardless of who "THEY" are.  Give it a watch and let me know your thoughts.

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Who the F*CK is THEY?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 07:35:25 PM »
You nailed it.  You’re absolutely right.  I don’t know why we care what “they” think, but most of us do until we learn to get over it and that I think, is something that only happens with time and experience. 

For the first few years after shaving my head, I worried about what other people would think upon seeing me for the first time.  I would literally go into a panic about it. I would go to social events - weddings, etc - where I knew I’d be seeing someone I hadn’t seen in about 10 years and I’d worry about what they would think.  Obviously, it was ridiculous to worry about the opinions of people I saw so infrequently but I just couldn’t help it.

I’m mostly over that way of thinking now but it took a long time to get here.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2019, 11:15:26 PM »
Here's a video rant I just did based on a question I heard watching the Gary Vee podcast, "who the F*CK is THEY? It discusses why people are so worried about what "THEY" think, regardless of who "THEY" are.  Give it a watch and let me know your thoughts.

You're right on many levels; however, it's instinctive for humans to seek approval of others in our lives. We choose our tribes whether familial, professional, personal, beliefs, etc., and we want to fit in. It's a basic human condition.

How we choose to be accepted is up to us. As it happens, physical appearance drives so many aspects of our lives. Think of our own reaction when we see that smoking hot gal walks into a bar. In that case WE'RE part of the THEY.

Sure, some will give it up and become isolationists and outcasts from society, but that's  rarely a route for happiness.

At the end of the day, I'm happy as sh*t some gals find my bald ass head attractive! LOL

Cheers.

Offline DC

• DC
  • Sly
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2019, 12:42:32 PM »
I thought the same thing for about a minute before shaving my head. You'll find that you don't give a rip after a while. I'm currently buzzed, which is MY choice and may go clean again. My biggest concern was my wife (who lost her hair to chemo years ago), who I've told the Bros about in the past. She got used to it after a while.

It's natural to have this feeling, and that's all it is: a feeling. Yet at day's end, the "They" we sweat over are unqualified to judge us.

I'm glad Tyler channeled Gary Vee and made this video. Amen Bro and thanks for the encouragement!
“You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." Christopher Robin to Pooh.

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2020, 05:24:11 AM »
I Have no regard what "they" think.  What "they" think is petty as far as I'm concerned.  Yes, what my wife thinks matters to me but other than that, I feel fine so I don't see a problem.