Author Topic: Decided to go forward with the full Pe'a tattoo  (Read 3585 times)

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
Decided to go forward with the full Pe'a tattoo
« on: January 17, 2019, 12:22:35 AM »

Well, (sucking i my breath), I made the first four appointments! 

I have to return to Chicago for the month of February for treatment.  I will be able to leave the hospital evenings so I will have some free time. 

I got the design/stencil completed and have found a tattooist who is willing to do it.  We are going to work one night every week for four weeks.  We hope to be able to get the "belt" and the Buttocks completed in that time. 

So, is this too crazy?

Offline Wiremu

• Sly Jr.
Re: Decided to go forward with the full Pe'a tattoo
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 06:08:25 PM »
So, is this too crazy?

I had to do a search of Pe'a tattoos.
WOW!. That is some serious work. I'd not seen those before.

Is it too crazy? Well, one image I saw had a full frontal and the guy had tattooed his johnson as part of the Pe'a. Not sure if that is typical or not but it is pretty intense.

Please post photos of your progress (but maybe not the johnson part ;D)

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 08:48:33 PM »
I had to look it up as well.  Will be interesting to see the result, at least the parts you are willing to post.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 12:43:34 PM by slybeard »
SlyBeard

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2019, 09:12:13 AM »
What's the difference between that method and the actual one? In matter of results 🤔

I've seen some videos about years ago,is fascinating how they use teeth sharks

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2019, 01:03:32 AM »
Well, we were supposed to start last Thursday evening - and the artist backed out.  This is the second time this has happened!

The problem is that this is not the kind of tattoo that you can use a stencil for.  You have to actually draw the tattoo onto the body part following the musculature and then you have to maintain proportional integrity throughout the entire tattoo AND you have to have exact mirroring on each side.  This is all too tough for most tattoo artists.

The only guys who are willing to do this are far away and the travel costs would outweigh the actual cost of the tattoo!

and yes, I was going to tattoo my Johnson as part of the tattoo.

I am really disappointed.

AND the guy who has been working on my left half sleeve says that he cannot fit me in for another session until late September.  He is actually booked out 2.5 years from now!!!!!!

AND the guy who I want to consult for the full front torso project is booked out 2 years already also.

I am really and truly bummed out about this!  I don't have that much time left.

Offline Wiremu

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2019, 01:12:51 AM »
Mate, that is bad news.
Did the artist not know what was expected of him before he agreed (or she)? Unfortunate, but it sounds as though you may not have had a prefect tattoo if you'd gone ahead with that artist.
Maybe a month in Samoa to get it done the traditional way (if you can convince them to do it that is). A month in the Pacific, who wouldn't want that?

Hope it all works out for you.