Author Topic: Goals for 2019  (Read 6269 times)

Offline PDXGuy

• Team Sly
  • Sly
Goals for 2019
« on: December 29, 2018, 10:39:03 PM »
Hey Guys,

Anybody have goals for 2019? One of mine was to shave me head. Did it a couple weeks early and enjoying the shaved look? Nothing but positive feedback had a receding flat. Enjoy the New Year!

Dave

Offline PDXGuy

• Team Sly
  • Sly
Re: Goals for 2019
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 10:40:29 PM »
Forgot to mention the hard part losing 50 pounds....down 14....Cheers! Bald Dave

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2018, 10:42:03 AM »
Happy New Year!  My only goals for the new year, is to try and stay healthy,good food ,  exercise ,etc.  P@^
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline artudo123

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2018, 10:57:58 AM »
I have several goals for 2019. First of all, I want to become more healthy. I want to eat better, look better, have more confidence in my appearance. I want to feel confident wearing a tank-top by August 31, 2019. I'm going to try to walk 1-way to work each day.

I want to do the slingshot ride in Atlantic City and jump off the roof of the Stratosphere Hotel in Las Vegas and i general do things outside of my comfort zone.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2018, 12:16:40 PM »
I have a few goals: lose 10 pounds, read more, go parasailing, take multi-day biking trip

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2018, 12:36:15 PM »
Hey Guys,

Anybody have goals for 2019? One of mine was to shave me head. Did it a couple weeks early and enjoying the shaved look? Nothing but positive feedback had a receding flat. Enjoy the New Year!

Dave
considering laser removal of my fringe hair. we'll see. And will go of the shiny look once the weathers gets better.

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2019, 11:21:46 AM »
Hey Guys,

Dave
considering laser removal of my fringe hair. we'll see. And will go of the shiny look once the weathers gets better.
Shine bright like a diamond

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2019, 12:51:31 PM »
@PDXGuy congrats on the weight loss!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Quiet_Dan

• Super Sly
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2019, 10:58:31 PM »
yeah I'm planning to get fitter and healthier (part of that will be weight loss), improve mental health (hopefully get back to work at some level this year. get my recently diagnosed diabetes under control.
God created only a few perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair!

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2019, 10:03:02 PM »
Hey Guys,

Dave

Hey Chris:  If you are naturally MPB already I would definitely go for it.  BUT you have to do it while your hair still has color.  The laser will not work on hair that has gone grey.  The light is tuned to use the color to produce heat down in the hair follicle and kill the hair root.

I had laser removal done on my back  and other areas about ten years back.  It took a number of treatments but it got rid of 90% of the hair= - except the grey ones.  Just stick with it and go for multiple treatments - and then do it again a year later - so that you don't start sprouting grey hairs in five years and wind up having to shave everyday anyway.

Offline Quiet_Dan

• Super Sly
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2019, 10:33:23 PM »
How is everyone's goals for 2019 going? With being a couple months in thought I would see who is sticking with it, and who has let it slip.
For me personally I have lost 20kg (close enough to 45lb) over the past 3 months, this has certainly helped me mentally and physically. I also start my first job in over a year after the weekend! which I'm stoked about, it all happened so quickly but is great.  I'll start off with 2 days a week and progress to fulltime as I'm able

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2019, 07:55:13 AM »
Congrtulations @Quiet_Dan

I did not make any resolutions, so I have done pretty well at doing nothing.
SlyBeard

Offline scooby

• Sly
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2019, 11:28:26 AM »
my resolution for 2019 is to be more money smarter so I can retire in good shape when I turn 65,I am going to be 61 in may.

Offline Quiet_Dan

• Super Sly
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2019, 01:40:31 AM »
Another 3-month update, I have lost another 11kilos down to 105kg so just another 5kg to get back under 100kg. Am definitely stronger and fitter. My work is going well my new job is regularly 2 days a week with the odd extra being called out. but have also been doing the odd day with my old employer, just being helpful as a friend to support him a bit as his wife is going through the later stages of stage4 cancer.  with all my weight loss, fitness and better diet, I anticipate my diabetes medication to be significantly reduced soon too.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2019, 10:53:24 AM »
Congratulations, Quiet Dan.  It’s a great feeling to get back in shape, isn’t it?