Head Shaving, Grooming & Care > Miscellaneous

Scalp Tweezing 101 - Advanced

(1/12) > >>

balddan013:
I tried to respond to the Scalp Tweezing topics that were posted a few years ago.  Back in March 2015 looks to be the last update.  This bald topic has been sadly neglected.  I wanted to update my status on SBG and share my experience in being a dedicated scalp tweezer since early 2015.  If anyone is interested in the history of scalp tweezing and my results.  I would be glad to share photos, advice and have some good conversation.

balddan013:
Some basic history to get things started.   Scalp Tweezing has an ancient history that dates back to the Egyptian priests and aristocrats who saw a bald man as a sign of respect.  The aristocrats would rely on shaving their heads with from what I have read through history was done with razor sharp knives.  A slow process that I am sure was risky.  We have progressed to safety razors.  Scalp Tweezing was reserved for the Priests, who plucked out not only their head hair but all hairs a their body.  It required patience and dedication.  Picture is from a Hollywood movie but very accurate.  But, scalp tweezing seemed to be an ancient art and disappeared in modern times.

balddan013:
First things first.  Like in ancient times, Scalp tweezing requires patience and dedication.  Scalp Tweezing is not shaving.  I can't say that enough and you must always remember that.  It is a process of making your head bald. The best comparison or metaphor is the following:  I am a cigar smoker so I will use that.  I use it to explain to people who immediately say "Ah the pain!"  Scalp Tweezing is like smoking a good 52 ring cigar.  Takes time, you enjoy it, and have a great experience.  Shaving is like smoking a cigarette.  Quick light, gone in about 2 or 3 minutes and you get the nicotine.  That's about it.  Like cigar smoking you take it slow, get the complex flavors and the results it brings with it.

balddan013:
Here is a progression of about three to four months of scalp tweezing starting in late 2014 through today.  Each picture shows full regrowth after tweezing.  For example, the first picture I did a complete tweeze.  (I can go over that later when I start getting questions on the actual tweezing process I went through).  Shaved my head every day, then stopped and let it regrow out as much as it could.  Second picture, complete scalp tweeze again, shave everyday, ten stopped and let what was left regrow out as much as it could.  So on and so on for about 4 months.  It has been maintenance tweezes since early-mid 2015.  That leads to the advanced and some head waxing.

balddan013:
This is a final initial posting to Scalp Tweezing.  It is just regular tweezing maintenance. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version