Author Topic: Rocky Mountain Barber Company  (Read 1156 times)

Offline artudo123

• Sly Jr.
Rocky Mountain Barber Company
« on: December 21, 2018, 08:48:19 AM »
I've been shaving my head for just over 2 months. When I decided to shave my head, I adopted my friend's routine. Exfolitate with St. Ives or generic apricot scrub, take a hot shower, shampoo with Dove anti-Dandruff shampoo, shave with a Mach 3 and Gillette shaving gel, and finish with an after-shave balm. For the past month or so, I've been yearning for something more, I wanted to up my head-shaving. I was always left with a little bit of stubble on my head and would have to scrape certain areas of my head. I had a feeling there was something else I needed to be doing to have a better shaving experience and smoother head. My research showed me that I needed to either take a hot-shower or apply a hot cloth to my head first, use a pre-shave oil, shaving cream or soap applied by a shaving brush, and finishing off with an after-shave balm.

I've done a lot of research over the past month or so and found that it wasn't the razor I was using, Mach 3's seem to be recommended for head shavers amongst a lot of websites. However, it was also recommended to not use any cheap $2-3 shaving cream or gel. I had a $50 Amazon gift card and set out to use that to buy some quality products.

I settled on Rocky Mountain Barber Company (RMBC). In part, because they're Canadian based out of Niagara Falls, they use all natural products, and their reviews on Amazon are amazing. Most of their products get 4-4.5/5.

I bought the badger hair brush, sandlewood pre-shave oil, sandlewood shaving cream, and sandlewood after-shave balm which cost me about $90 Canadian.

I used these products for the very first time yesterday morning. I applied the apricot scrub before showering, showered and used anti-dandruff shampoo, applied 2 drops of the pre-shave oil to my scalp, wet the shaving brush a little bit, applied the shaving cream to my head with the brush in a circular motion, shaved against the grain while rinsing my Mach 3 after every 1-3 strokes, and finished off with 2 squirts of after-shave balm. I then applied HeadLube from HeadBlade.

I feel like the pre-shave oil acted as a barrier between the razor and my scalp. The shaving cream is thick and I had to rinse my blade often, I'm shocked at how little I needed. The after-shave added a nice touch. All the products have a pleasant creamy nature smell. It usually takes me 8-10 minutes to shave my head, using the RBMC products it took me 5 minutes. I only had to do 1 pass on each part of my scalp and only had to quickly touch up a couple small patches I missed and didn't have scrape them over and over again. There was no irritation but I did feel a little bit of burning.

My head has never been so smooth before. I usually begin to get stubble 8-10 hours after shaving my head. My hair grows super fast. The way my stubble feels 24 hours after using RMBC products is how it used to feel 10-12 hours when doing my previous routine.

There's lot of other products out there and in the future I'll consider trying them but for now I'll be sticking with RBMC!

Enter your email address: