Author Topic: Making Yourself Go Bald  (Read 3674 times)

Offline philosophist

• Learning the way of Sly
Making Yourself Go Bald
« on: December 03, 2018, 09:42:41 PM »
So this is going to be an unusual one here, but I haven't been able to find any information despite searching the web for weeks now.

I have a full head of hair, and for reasons that I'm not going to get into here, I'd like to accelerate any potential male pattern baldness. Is there any "technique" or tool to do that aside from shaving your head?

I'm curious to read your responses.

Offline bennett11

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Making Yourself Go Bald
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 05:27:38 AM »
Ever since becoming an adult and leaving home I had wanted to go bald, I had short buzz and wanted it shorter than barber would do it.  Slowly i tweezed,  waxed hair towards MPB.  Later i had several sessions of electrolysis, until I was indeed MPB and approaching total baldness,  I fully shaved then at age 45 - that was long before it was common, 

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 10:32:46 AM »
I am not suggesting you try it, but bodybuilders that abuse Testosterone supplements usually loose their hair.
SlyBeard

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2018, 10:46:00 AM »
There has been many discussions about laser hair removal. As long as your hair isn't grey, they can laser it off. But it's permanent!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2018, 04:21:50 PM »
Hormone treatment such as testosterone WILL have side effects

Offline philosophist

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2018, 10:47:02 AM »
Thanks for the replies, guys! I definitely see waxing and tweezing as options, but testosterone definitely seems to be the way to go.

I can't seem to find good OTC testosterone supplements though.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2018, 12:02:14 PM »
Thanks for the replies, guys! I definitely see waxing and tweezing as options, but testosterone definitely seems to be the way to go.

Keep away from hormones , if you value your health. If you don’t require them for some deficiency , you would be making a big mistake taking them for baldness.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 12:11:51 PM by Magoo »
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2018, 02:36:20 PM »

In the US, Testosterone is only available with a Doctor's prescription.  OTC supplements are not actually Testosterone.
SlyBeard

Offline philosophist

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2018, 09:52:11 PM »
Point taken. I do take fenugreek supplements (it helps keep my digestion regular) and they're supposed to natural testosterone stimulants anyway.  I guess it's gotta be waxing and/or tweezing if anything in order to keep my health.

Offline bennett11

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2018, 05:12:07 AM »
with waxing and plucking hair will grow back but more more fragile and in time it does not. as others say stay away from hormone treatments.  they affect many areas of your body and become irreversible.,

Offline chgobuzzbald

• Super Sly
  • No more HT scars
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2018, 12:40:02 AM »
One other option is  an Epilator. There is a whole site for guys making themselves male pattern bald intentionally and most use an Epilator. It is http://malepatternbaldbychoice.yooco.org/home.html   and at https://mpbbychoice2.yooco.org/