Author Topic: It’s anniversary week  (Read 2599 times)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
It’s anniversary week
« on: November 26, 2018, 09:10:31 PM »
This week marks two important milestones:

1.  Twelve years ago this week I became a member of this forum

2.  Fifteen years ago this week I shaved my head and finally made the commitment to stick with it, after a few abortive attempts.  I always ended up feeling self conscious after a week or two and let the hair grow back.  This time I committed to 30 days, then 90 and then another 90. After that I made an attempt to grow it out only to find that it was no longer possible to grow anything but peach fuzz on top.  So I took the razor to my scalp once again and never looked back.  I can honestly say that I’ve liked being bald far more than I ever liked having hair.  My only regret was not having done it sooner.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
Re: It’s anniversary week
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 11:40:00 PM »
Congrats!  I know what you mean. 

I can still grow hair and I still "think"
 that I look better with hair - but the honest truth is that it is only "peach fuzz" compared to the magnificent flattopped carpet it once was.

I have never been able to keep it shaved for more than a year at a crack.

But a very few of my acquaintances have told me that I look better shaven; and I feel better not having to obsess about my hair anymore.

With great guys like you as my role models I am coming to a new "image" of myself and more accepting of my age and appearance.

So congratulations - and Thank You!

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 11:02:46 AM »
Congratulations Razor, time sure goes fast . The full beard very impressive, thinking of letting mine go longer. Your time as a moderator, and inspiration much appreciated here.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 01:46:24 PM »
You are a legend on this board and your contributions have been greatly appreciated. Also your beard is most impressive.
Roger

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2018, 07:03:29 PM »
Congrats!  I know what you mean. 

I can still grow hair and I still "think"
 that I look better with hair - but the honest truth is that it is only "peach fuzz" compared to the magnificent flattopped carpet it once was.

I have never been able to keep it shaved for more than a year at a crack.

But a very few of my acquaintances have told me that I look better shaven; and I feel better not having to obsess about my hair anymore.

With great guys like you as my role models I am coming to a new "image" of myself and more accepting of my age and appearance.

So congratulations - and Thank You!

Thanks for the kind words!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2018, 07:04:47 PM »
Thanks, Magoo and nuts.   :)

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2018, 09:45:31 AM »
Congratulations!  I am never good with remembering dates, so I cannot say exactly when I started shaving.  But I know I still had enough hair at the time to be considered BBC.  Like you, I like being sly more than I ever liked the hair I had on my head, and I wish I had done it sooner.
SlyBeard

Offline scooby

• Sly
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2018, 03:15:31 PM »
congrats.razor.you and your determination is what helps people on this board especialy me,thank you.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2018, 03:16:36 PM »
This week marks two important milestones:

1.  Twelve years ago this week I became a member of this forum

2.  Fifteen years ago this week I shaved my head and finally made the commitment to stick with it, after a few abortive attempts.  I always ended up feeling self conscious after a week or two and let the hair grow back.  This time I committed to 30 days, then 90 and then another 90. After that I made an attempt to grow it out only to find that it was no longer possible to grow anything but peach fuzz on top.  So I took the razor to my scalp once again and never looked back.  I can honestly say that I’ve liked being bald far more than I ever liked having hair.  My only regret was not having done it sooner.

nice job dude. looks line hair whatsoever grows on top.