Author Topic: My before and after.  (Read 2923 times)

Offline Grimgor Ironhide

• Sly Guy in Training
My before and after.
« on: November 25, 2018, 04:12:22 AM »
Hello men.

Reading your experiences, I figured I would also share how I look both with hair and shaved clean. I'm not really a photogenic man, I frankly do not like taking pictures of myself, so you'll have to look past that.

Currently, I have about 5, almost 6 months worth of hair growth, but I'm considering shaving it off again soon. My friends started calling me "Pelado", which is spanish for "Bald", and the nickname stuck, even now that I have it long again XD.

So, without further ado, here it is:

The pics are from the last time I shaved it off.

The full haired ones are of about 6 months of growth, more or less the state I'm in now.

And then there's the buzz cut with the 1, and with the 0.

And finally the smooth, shaved clean one (this is the only one I have, sorry).

Apologies for any mistakes in my english, I never use it in my daily life, but that aside, tell me what you think, lads.

"I'm gonna stomp 'em to dust. I'm gonna grind their bones. I'm gonna pile 'em up inna big fire and roast 'em. I'm gonna bash 'eads, break faces and jump up and down on da bits dat are left. An' den I'm gonna get really mean."

-Grimgor Ironhide

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
Re: My before and after.
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 05:17:18 AM »
El estilo pelón te queda amigo 😎💡

Offline Grimgor Ironhide

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2018, 08:40:28 AM »
Gracias Tony!
"I'm gonna stomp 'em to dust. I'm gonna grind their bones. I'm gonna pile 'em up inna big fire and roast 'em. I'm gonna bash 'eads, break faces and jump up and down on da bits dat are left. An' den I'm gonna get really mean."

-Grimgor Ironhide

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2018, 10:42:11 AM »
Your good looking with and without hair. You should do what you feel the best in. You only have to please yourself, other eventually will get use to any new look. We all get some jokes on us , but so what.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Grimgor Ironhide

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2018, 12:29:28 PM »
Thanks and yeah, I agree completely.

Funny thing, I really, really like the longer hair, maybe a bit longer than what the pics show, and that's what I used for a lot of years, it's basically the only style that suits me.

Then when I tried the buzz, which I didn't really want to do because I thought I would look bad, I ended up liking it, strangely.

In my case I guess it's easier(or harder, depending how you see it) to give it a try because in a couple of weeks you have all of the hair back.

Luckily for me, I have never been one for the "pretty boy" look, I prefer a more masculine, serious look and in that case I think all can agree that a buzz cut and especially the clean shaved look portray an older, more masculine look.

-Grimgor Ironhide

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2018, 02:21:31 PM »
Hello men.

Reading your experiences, I figured I would also share how I look both with hair and shaved clean. I'm not really a photogenic man, I frankly do not like taking pictures of myself, so you'll have to look past that.

Currently, I have about 5, almost 6 months worth of hair growth, but I'm considering shaving it off again soon. My friends started calling me "Pelado", which is spanish for "Bald", and the nickname stuck, even now that I have it long again XD.

So, without further ado, here it is:

The pics are from the last time I shaved it off.

The full haired ones are of about 6 months of growth, more or less the state I'm in now.

And then there's the buzz cut with the 1, and with the 0.

And finally the smooth, shaved clean one (this is the only one I have, sorry).

Apologies for any mistakes in my english, I never use it in my daily life, but that aside, tell me what you think, lads.
he buzz or #0 looks great.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2018, 11:07:49 PM »
Hello Pelado!

Well I am a barber so I will give you my professional opinion but remember, it’s only my opinion, and in the end, your  opinion is the only one that really counts!

but I will say this:

1.   A plain old buzz cut does nothing for you.  If you’re going to have hair- then have hair that has some STYLE  —whether it be short or long.   if you want short hair try something like a Flattop .   Your hair wants to stand up naturally so you’re a perfect candidate for flattop.   if you don’t like the flattop you could try Princeton Crewcut.

2.   if you are going to have longer hair, then STOP parting it down the middle and having it spike up right down the center of your head as it does in the photo that you showed.   The center part in the in the spiked up hair down the middle of your head elongates your face (pin head) and makes your forehead look like it’s receding even though it’s not really receding very much at all

3.  I think you look really good both with and without hair.  For many years I would go part of the year with hair and part of the year without hair.  it was fun it was good to change things up once in a while so you can continue to do the same thing if you would like to do that!

but whatever you do do it makes you Feel the best!

Offline Grimgor Ironhide

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2018, 04:14:24 AM »
Thanks for the feedback, Chris and Semi-Sly!

"Your hair wants to stand up naturally so you’re a perfect candidate for flattop.   if you don’t like the flattop you could try Princeton Crewcut."

I've never used that, to be honest. When I have short hair, it spikes up in odd, silly angles that make you look like an idiot that didn't style his hair in the morning. About when I was 12-13 years old, I started leaving it a bit longer and tried the parting down the middle, it's the only thing that has worked for me.

" if you are going to have longer hair, then STOP parting it down the middle and having it spike up right down the center of your head as it does in the photo that you showed.   The center part in the in the spiked up hair down the middle of your head elongates your face (pin head) and makes your forehead look like it’s receding even though it’s not really receding very much at all"

In all due honesty it does look like it¡s receding, but I think it has to do with genetics. My mom and her father have the same look, and the old man had all of his hair up until his seventies when he died.

About "spiking it up", I've only done this recently, but in fact I don't pull it up.

I just brush it back, but my hair likes to come down and it's stubborn as I am, in fact for about 10 or more years I used it like this:

The first one might be of 10-12 years ago(ignore the pack of wild dogs), the other one is a bit more recent

But basically this is how I've styled my hair, I assure you it's the only thing decent enough for my hair, otherwise it's a mess, especially in the back.

"For many years I would go part of the year with hair and part of the year without hair.  it was fun it was good to change things up once in a while so you can continue to do the same thing if you would like to do that!"

That's for sure, and it's more or less what I've been doing so far.

Thanks for the knowledge!.

-Grimgor Ironhide