Author Topic: How Can I Convince my Boyfriend to Shave?  (Read 9779 times)

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
Re: How Can I Convince my Boyfriend to Shave?
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2018, 04:22:20 PM »
So, if we reversed it, and he wanted to shave, but you want him to keep his thinning hair, what should he do?  This is the most common way we hear it.  It really has to be what he wants, rather others think shaving would look better or not.  It is OK to make a suggestion, but after that it becomes nagging if you continue.  He could just dig in and never shave if he thinks it has become nagging.
SlyBeard

Offline JayneDough

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2018, 06:31:31 PM »
Well, I certainly am NOT nagging him, considering I have only suggested for him to cut his hair a couple times. I don't bring it up daily, I don't even say it has to be done or completely buzzed off. Secondly, sure, maybe he wants to keep it. But there's no harm in trying something once. If he did shave it all off and then decided that he hated it, I could live with that. I think he'd look better without it and if he gave it a try, he probably would too.

Offline chgobuzzbald

• Super Sly
  • No more HT scars
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2018, 12:14:24 AM »
Why not just really communicate, which is necessary for any relationship to last. Meaning that the look of him buzzed or shaved is a turn on for you, just state it that way. Make the haircut a sort of foreplay and take it form there. Once he associates great sex with a buzzed/shaved head and that you love it, well what more can he want.

Offline JayneDough

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2018, 08:50:43 AM »
Hmm... straightforward is the one thing I really haven't tried or put much thought into because I've always been nervous about hurting his feelings lol but if there is a reward system then maybe he'll be more inclined to do it. That's not a bad idea!

Offline scooby

• Sly
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2018, 01:31:32 PM »
try asking him how he feels after someone comments how his hair is thinning and take it from their.

Offline Miller1989

• Sly
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2018, 01:57:31 PM »
Have you tried mentioning how much you like shorter haircuts and shaved heads? Maybe you should try and encourage him to go for a shorter style first. That way he'll get used to sporting less hair on his head and may be more comfortable about taking it all off later on. And having a loving, supportive girlfriend will help him. I think every guy is at least a little nervous about shaving his head the first time. All of the women in my life, including family, were very supportive. All said that I had nothing to worry about and would look handsome bald. Turns out,, they were right!

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2019, 11:29:08 AM »
try asking him how he feels after someone comments how his hair is thinning and take it from their.
Or compliment someone who is shaved bald while you're in public. That shouldn't be too hard to do.

Offline Rusty Shackleford

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2020, 12:37:22 PM »
My boyfriend has been thinning ever since I met him. The problem is, he's too scared to let go of his hair. I think he's self conscious or embarrassed since I've never seen him with it really short. I used to be a bit nervous to bring up the topic because I know it can be a touchy subject, but at this point I really just want him to cut it off. I've told him to get a haircut and even offered to do it for him, but he says no. I thought maybe he never wanted to do it because he wasn't sure how I'd feel about it, but now I've offered and he still doesn't want to. What do I do? I don't want to say anything to hurt his feelings, but I also think he would just look better without the hair at this point. He got so upset last time when I tried to cut it, that now I'm too nervous to even bring it up again.

So you admit that he is nervous, self -conscious, and embarassed and your reaction is to NAG HIM?  You've TOLD HIM to get a haircut, and even offered to pay implying that he can't afford the $15?  Seriously, what on earth is wrong with you?  It's his decision, he knows your opinion, he knows the option is out there.  Drop it.   

He does need to cut something from his life and it's not his hair.

I know this is old, but this just needed to be said in case someone else has the same question in the future.
You don't know me, but I know you.

Offline Rusty Shackleford

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2020, 12:50:42 PM »
Well, I certainly am NOT nagging him, considering I have only suggested for him to cut his hair a couple times. I don't bring it up daily,

"Suggesting" does not have to be daily to qualify as nagging.  I'm also confident that you are understating the number of times you have "suggested".

I don't even say it has to be done or completely buzzed off.
So you aren't suggesting, you're demanding?

Secondly, sure, maybe he wants to keep it. But there's no harm in trying something once.
Your dismissal over his opinion on something that is entirely his decision is very telling on what life with you must be like.

If he did shave it all off and then decided that he hated it, I could live with that.
I I I I I I I I I I I
me me me me me me me

You have an unbelievably narcissistic attitude.

I think he'd look better without it and if he gave it a try, he probably would too.
You may be right.  He might look 100x times better.  but IT'S NOT YOUR DECISION.

You don't know me, but I know you.

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2020, 04:33:20 AM »
The whole thing sounds petty.  Hey, did he shave it or buzz it yet?  I don't understand why he's so obstinate about it but it he's against doing it then that's the way it is.  I think some guys are like that.

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2020, 08:53:00 AM »
Do it while he is asleep and tied up! Lol

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2020, 02:58:48 AM »
@Goatee Kinky monkey!

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2020, 06:55:05 AM »
I think doing it against his will would cause your relationship to implode so sometimes it's best to accept what is and leave it alone.