Author Topic: Shiny.  (Read 3608 times)

Offline Feenix

• Sly Jr.
  • Like Mr Boombastic, I'm semi fantastic!
Shiny.
« on: September 06, 2018, 09:01:56 AM »
Hey.

Question.  How do people get that shiny effect on their bald head?  Is it moisturiser or something like that?

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
Re: Shiny.
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 11:00:47 AM »
Those with shiny head , most likely have next to no shadow , dark hair will cause the shadow. Light hair or no hair is even better . Having oily skin also surely helps , you can always apply some if lacking.Smooth unblemished skin can’t hurt. Basically it’s genetics.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 11:19:41 AM »
Several things work for me. I have white hair, so no shadow ever. The closer the shave, the better the shine. I moisturize 1 or 2 times a week. I also exfoliate with a sugar scrub twice a week.

I shave every morning. Normal routine is a super smooth shave, cold water rinse, and apply witch hazel. Let it air dry and my head is like chrome!

I think magoo is right, genetics may be a factor. I've tried to get a non shiny look, but nothing stops the shine.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline scooby

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2018, 03:08:53 PM »
i have a shiny head.after i shave and wash my head i use aveeno moisturizer on my head otherwise my scalp gets dry,because of that my head gets shiny.people have commented on that and thought i polish my head because its shiny.

Offline Miller1989

• Sly
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2018, 01:58:42 PM »
This is what I use for moisturizer. It'll make your head gleam like a mirror! https://www.amazon.com/High-Time-Moisturizer-Scalp-Treatment4-75/dp/B005H8C4ZE/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1514601572&sr=8-1&keywords=dare+to+be+bald  And yes, I've also been asked if I polish or buff my head lol.

Offline Feenix

• Sly Jr.
  • Like Mr Boombastic, I'm semi fantastic!
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2018, 05:42:22 AM »
Cheers, y'all.  Honestly, its not something I would go for myself but its something Ive been curious about.  :)

Offline artudo123

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2018, 06:28:29 PM »
I use Nivea after-shave balm as part of my routine and it gives a little bit of shine. If I want extra shine, I use a drop of baby oil. Below are a couple pictures with and without shine. But it also depends on lighting. If without using the baby oil, my head can still look shiny if the light or sun is reflecting off of it.

The two pics of me without glasses are from a day where I didn't use baby oil but shows shine and no shine because of lighting. The pic of me with glasses is a day I used baby oil for shine.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 06:30:14 PM by artudo123 »

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2018, 07:15:55 PM »
I use Nivea after-shave balm as part of my routine and it gives a little bit of shine. If I want extra shine, I use a drop of baby oil. Below are a couple pictures with and without shine. But it also depends on lighting. If without using the baby oil, my head can still look shiny if the light or sun is reflecting off of it.

The two pics of me without glasses are from a day where I didn't use baby oil but shows shine and no shine because of lighting. The pic of me with glasses is a day I used baby oil for shine.

looks good.

i'm guessing your shadow grows in fast?

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2018, 02:59:45 PM »
*sweat*

Offline artudo123

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2018, 07:19:14 PM »
@ chrisphilly123

Yeah I always have shadow, those pics were taken within an hour or two of me shaving my head. My head was still smooth and without stubble but yeah I have stubble. Keep in mind I shave with the grain and against the grain. My hair grows extremely fast hence why I shave it. I look like I have a buzz cut after 2 days.

Offline philosophist

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2018, 09:56:40 PM »
In my experience, aloe vera (which I found initially through a post on here a long time ago) really helps provide that chrome dome shine even if you have a lot of dark hair on your head that you're shaving off. Of course, once that shadow comes up, it's not going to shine until you shave again.