Author Topic: I've been losing weight with Time Restricted Eating and the Slow Carb Diet  (Read 2929 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
I started to notice that my weight had crept up over the last 6 months so I decided to focus on reversing the trend. I had been exercising regularly, so it was really due to my diet.  As a result, I did two things.

1) I learned of a study done on how our circadian clock and eating within our natural circadian clock can lead us to be much more healthy.  This is also known as Time Restricted Eating.  As a result, I started to use an app that tracks what I eat and if I'm eating within my circadian clock. You can learn more about this here and watch the videos below - https://ity.at/circadian

2) The last time I lost weight I followed a plan called the Slow Carb Diet which has been made famous by Tim Ferriss. In this diet, you basically eat meat or eggs, beans, and greens during your meals and avoid "white" carbs. You can read about the diet here - https://ity.at/20lbs

In the last week, I have lost 7lbs and feel great!  I sleep better and have way more energy throughout the day, so I wanted to share what I'm doing in case it will help any of you.

Here's a short version of the Circadian Rhythm:

Here's a longer, more recommended video:

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline scooby

• Sly
i am very happy for you tyler.its never too late too exercise and to eat healthy.i started when i was a kid i am now 60.when i get to the point that i am comfortably full i stop,i way 167 lbs.i also rode a bike and went swimming alot when i was a kid and i keep up with it the same way.keep up the good work.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
Good for you, Tyler!  My daughter is a physical therapist and has used a similar approach to her diet for the last five or so years.  She gave up on "white" carbs like white bread and rice and pasta made with white flour.  She also eats several small protein-rich meals during the day.  My wife and I picked up a number of these habits and it really does help keep the weight in check.

Enter your email address: