Author Topic: Red spots and bumps, itching and pressure points.  (Read 8047 times)

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Red spots and bumps, itching and pressure points.
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2018, 04:51:21 AM »
I think you are using too many products now on your head.

My head came out in many spots which i found was a reaction to cleanser i was using.

I went to the chemist and they gave me Benzol Peroxide wash and a cream. This cleared up all the spots within 2 weeks! Be careful with the cream as it is strong stuff. It made the back of my ears very dry and sore (fixed by rubbing them with moisturiser).

Another thing to do is to only shave with the grain. Try this for a few weeks. Plus, using a DE razor. One blade is enough. Ok, it is slower but if it means no spots?

Currently i use a beard trimmer to cut my hair on my head. This is only temporary as i will be going back to the DE route soon. I use the DE on my face. Only shaving with the grain. So much better.

I use a pre shave oil and after, a cold wash and a post shave cream / moisturiser. Nothing else.

Offline Mav

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2018, 12:34:34 PM »
So folks it's time to report back in.

I had a solid routine going of clearacil 5 in 1 exfoliant followed by head slick and a 3 blade headblade. A cold water rinse followed by bump patrol, once that dried off I applied some bump stop2 and half way throughout the day I'd use clearacil pads to freshen then noggin at night I'd use seabreaze to clear the days diet and grim and end with more bump stop2.

Things were improving slowly until I suffered a horrid headblade accident and took a whole strip of skin off the side of my head. 😫😫🤕

I had to stop shaving the head for a few days to allow it to heal.

I saw Goatee's post and thought I would give the benzol peroxide a go, a product called acnecide in the UK contains 5% of this and it's available over the counter in any pharmacy.

I've been using my Gillette Fusion as I've lost faith with the headblade especially the 3 blade cartridge but I can say since starting to use this benzol peroxide my head has cleared right up.

I'm using the 5 blade fusion that used to leave me red and bumpy all over daily! My routine has headscrub by headblade in it, followed by headslick, shave, cold rinse and then this acnecide it's all I use now and a freshen up when home from work with some sea breeze.

Check out my recent headshots, what do you think???

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2018, 01:49:28 PM »
Looks like you have found your solution.  I was never able to get proficient with the headblade either.
SlyBeard

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2018, 02:23:49 PM »
Awesome! Looks great.

Enter your email address: