Author Topic: Exercise and diet, Fit life style  (Read 3117 times)

Offline Slickj

• Learning the way of Sly
Exercise and diet, Fit life style
« on: September 16, 2007, 09:43:01 PM »
I love to grub! I have to be careful with my diet. i am a big dude, but i keep active and keep the snacks up to fight the hungry away and control the pig out sessions. Gym 2xweek atm. Work and school doesnt give me much free time, but i keep my 2xdays atleast no matter what.

Offline Koaa2

• Super Sly
Re: Exercise and diet, Fit life style
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 07:42:15 AM »
Hi Slick,

Yes the cravings for some of that junk food are hard to control.

I try to go to the gym everyday and than if I miss a day I don't feel to guilty about it. I have been doing spinning classes which are a great workout, other days do stairmaster or stationary bike. Do weights 3 times a week.

Good luck.
"Wherever you go, there you are"

shakf

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 08:30:46 AM »
Well because of Ramadan I'm fasting. However I'm also trying to quit smoking. I tried in 2005 and lasted 18 months then slipped back into the habit. Although I only have 5 a day at the most.

Offline Sooner Steve

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 09:40:54 AM »
Junk food, particularly peanut M&M's, are my downfall to fitness.  I try to lift or run 6 days a week.  Some people eat to run - I run to eat.   :*))
"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts." - Coach John Wooden

[img]http://tickers.Tick

Offline Koaa2

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 12:29:52 PM »
I tend to do pretty good with exercise. I will eat junk food and drink more alcohol when stressed, so try and handle it before it gets out of control.
"Wherever you go, there you are"

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2007, 05:53:56 PM »
keep up the fight for smokelessness shakf. i have a little over three months since i quit. actually am about 5lbs lighter than before i quit smoking. living in cajun country does not help. food is too good and not healthy.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2007, 05:59:38 AM »
Shak I know how hard quitting smoking is mate. I've been off them for almost year after smoking for 16 years.

An odd question for you. During the Ramadan fasting month, do you find that you are a few stone lighter at the end?

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2007, 06:00:51 AM »
keep up the fight for smokelessness shakf. i have a little over three months since i quit. actually am about 5lbs lighter than before i quit smoking. living in cajun country does not help. food is too good and not healthy.

Paulie with all those Turduckins and Beudin and gumbo and other cajun delicacies, I dont know how you arent the size of a house. I know I would be if I lived there

shakf

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2007, 10:37:45 PM »
The weight loss is only temporary if nothing to be honest. When it's time to break the fast you tend to make up for the caloric deficit you experience during the day. Also while you are fasting you try to really minimize any really hard stressful activities like going to the gym because you try not to do anything that would make you very thirsty. You might be a few founds lighter but not really as much as a stone.
Coming back to the smoking, I quit at the start of 2005 and managed it until about June 2006 when I started again on and off, These days I can make a box of 20 last for a week or so. Thats how little I smoke. The odd 1 or 2 I have a day is now a novelty.

Enter your email address: