Author Topic: This website taught me something  (Read 1933 times)

Offline Eternity

• Learning the way of Sly
This website taught me something
« on: June 27, 2018, 03:14:03 AM »
I'm in my 20s and struggling with male pattern baldness, and that's what brought me to this website. I have never been on a more positive website. The positive messages being posted on this website based on reality. You guys taught me to look at head shapes as imperfect. I literally looked in detail at pictures of hundreds of bald dudes, and found that everyone's head shape has either dents, bumps, flat spots, asymmetrical sides, and every other 'imperfection'. There is no doubt that some of them feel insecure about certain features of their heads. After looking at their head shapes, I realised those 'imperfections' didn't take away from their headshapes. In fact, I wouldn't even have noticed any oddity if I wasn't looking for it. Even if I noticed it at first glance, I wouldn't care.

Now I have applied that thought to my own head shape. I'm no longer insecure about my head shape because I know that no one cares enough to take detailed inspection and measurements of my head. Most tiny details are exaggerated by camera lenses and critical eyes. It's important to get an opinion on your headshape IN PERSON from someone you trust.

This is my experience, and I wanted to share it. : )

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: This website taught me something
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 08:03:35 AM »
People are here for many different reasons, but most of us have one thing in common, living life with a shaved head. Total acceptance is the norm, and lots of compassion when it is needed.

I think the younger guys with thinning hair have the hardest time, compared to us bald by choice guys that choose to sport a bald head. Either way, we have something in common. It may seem like huge issue to go bald, but in the end, very few people really care. After a while, almost everyone accepts you as you are.

I received alot of support here years ago when I first went sly, and am fortunate to belong to this " bald brotherhood ".
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline JohnRa

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 02:27:08 PM »
You mean that my head shape really isn't perfect?! LOL

Offline scooby

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2018, 03:11:44 PM »
welcome a board eternity.it does not matter whats on top of someones head,what matters is whats below,that what attracted me to this sight of wonderful people,you can talk to them about anything.

Offline BigKen

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2018, 12:55:45 PM »
You mean that my head shape really isn't perfect?! LOL

:*))

Of course it is, John!