Author Topic: horse shoe look  (Read 9232 times)

Offline scooby

• Sly
horse shoe look
« on: May 12, 2018, 07:38:09 AM »
how many people out their had the horse shoe hair doo before they shaved their heads.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
Re: horse shoe look
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2018, 07:50:38 AM »
Me for one .
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline scooby

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2018, 01:54:11 PM »
magoo, did you ever try to grow your hair back.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2018, 02:09:56 PM »
No, not me, but it would be a heck a lot easier to shave half as much every morning! Thought about laser removal until I heard it won't work on grey hair.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2018, 10:41:39 PM »
magoo, did you ever try to grow your hair back.

Many times , but in the long run I find shaving easier to maintain and I like the bald look better than the ring around the head . Shaving takes me about 10 min. Every  2 or 3 days. Buzz cut every 2 wks. takes more time setting up and cleaning up.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2018, 01:38:11 AM »
In my world a "horseshoe" refers to a specific type of a Flattop haircut.  What you are calling a horseshoe I call a "monk's fringe" or a "Bozo the Clown" hairstyle.

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2018, 03:21:36 PM »
In my world a "horseshoe" refers to a specific type of a Flattop haircut.  What you are calling a horseshoe I call a "monk's fringe" or a "Bozo the Clown" hairstyle.

Same here. I think of of a horseshoe as a type of flattop too. if you are going to have hair, it might as well be a flattop.

Offline Quiet_Dan

• Super Sly
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2018, 01:38:49 AM »
yeah I pretty much had got to the horseshoe point, but yeah I'm beyond the horseshoe stage now
God created only a few perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair!

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2018, 01:31:16 AM »
I shaved an (almost) full head of hair when I was 30.

When I stopped shaving, at 49, I was a Norwood 6!

So... there ya go.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2018, 11:59:10 AM »
Hello Razorhead.  I am sporting a High, tight and Brutal Horseshoe Flattop right now.  But I am already itching to have someone shave it clean and smooth again!

Same here. I think of of a horseshoe as a type of flattop too. if you are going to have hair, it might as well be a flattop.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2018, 03:05:22 PM »
I started shaving at 25, right when I noticed I was thinning. Haven't looked back since.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline brannon67

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2018, 07:07:34 AM »
I still have some hairline, but its jagged, and far back, so not the horse shoe look yet. But, I can tell you this, I myself will not DO the horse shoe look. I buzz my head with clippers, with no guard now, so when I lose the rest of my hair line, I will eventually shave it slick, where the horse shoe does not show. The horse shoe thing is not for me personally. If other men want to sport it, more power to them, but I told myself a while back, NO horse shoe look for me.

Offline scooby

• Sly
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2018, 02:57:19 PM »
hair on top but not on the sides or the back is a military cut not a horse shoe look.a horse shoe look has no hair on top but hair on the sides and back,the shape of a u or a horse shoe.

Offline Reg

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2018, 06:04:33 AM »
I have a friend who pulls off the look really well but then he has a pretty awesome beard and maintains it all well. Helps he's a powerlifter so the whole thing works for him as well as it does shaved.

Offline Vexxed92

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2018, 02:25:07 PM »
I had it only because my girlfriend found it strangely attractive. I Shave it now.

Enter your email address: