Author Topic: COFFEE......  (Read 37769 times)

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
Re: COFFEE......
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2007, 09:58:33 PM »
I have had to stop drinking coffee and caffeinated beverages because like SlyInKc,I have developed a bad acid reflux problem my doctor told me that my 2 cups of coffee and 6 can Coke Zero daily intake was having an effect on my blood pressure.

Espresso coffe always got me going in the morning.

KALBO

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2007, 10:31:53 PM »
Love Hawaiin Kona Coffee...too much...I know I've had my fill after I begin to shake to the extreme! :o

Offline ChallengeMe

• Super Sly
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2007, 10:49:47 PM »
Another coffee junkie here. During the week I will have three cups in the morning and fix a half pot at work in the evening.

Tonight I just finished my third cup and now am ready for bed. Do I have a problem with caffeine? Yea, if I go a day without coffee (and it has been years) I will get a severe headache.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2007, 10:56:41 PM »
Hey thats an idea... let me stop the caffenine intake along with the no nicotine intake..and im good to go.  Anyone second the motion?  Damn I would be in the mental institution.  ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG !!!!!!!!! :Xo!  Im just turing into one of those people who can turn their heads all the way around.  Hey but Im  doing it ..i have almost made it 24 hours...longest damn 24 hours of my life so far....and not taking anything to help ease it yet.. I do have some of those nicotine gum thingys but havent used them yet. Sorry this seems to have really went off track of waht this post is supposed to have been about...ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGG
lol
Tim

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2007, 11:13:52 PM »
I've had withdrawl caffeine headaches too and they are very debilatating.

Tim keep going mate you are a champ.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2007, 11:22:24 PM »
one vice at a time bro. you really don't wanna make it worse on yourself. kick nicotene first. it is the worst. in a couple months you can work on caffeine. trying to do too much at one time will work against you on all fronts. you can do it if you use your brain, er i mean our advice. ha ha haj/k bro. take it easy. one at a time.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Glenr

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2007, 03:00:22 AM »
My weapon of choice at work is double strength its the shite  O0

Offline shyslyguy

• Super Sly
  • remember! you gotta be bald to be sly!
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2007, 04:20:03 AM »
Hey thats an idea... let me stop the caffenine intake along with the no nicotine intake..and im good to go.  Anyone second the motion? 

Well, it's funny you mention that Tim - That's exactly what my partner did - when he gave up the ciggies, over ten years ago now, he found that, without the nicotine to balance it out, the coffee was making him speed way too much so he switched to herbal teas - & yes - he did get the horrendous headaches associated with caffeine withdrawals. He also gave up going to pubs for a long time - since, alcohol weakens your resolve too.

I also love my coffee but even though I haven't yet given up smoking, I have cut down a lot recently & I am also now finding that I can really feel it now if I have too much coffee - used to drink it all day quite happily, now about two or at most three cups a day is all I can comfortably take before it starts making me feel pretty 'orrible!

Well done in not having a ciggie for 24 hours .... total respect bro! ....  O0  It can only get easier (we hope!) with time!
His heed was ballid, and schon as eny glas 

http://www.myspace.com/thetrombonists

Offline Scott

• Sly Bureau
  • Celebrating 5+ Years of SLYNESS!
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2007, 02:25:58 AM »
Never really liked coffee, but I will have a cappuccino occasionally, but usually only during the winter months... most of the time I'm a Mountain Dew or Dr Pepper junkie :@`

BaldRob

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2007, 05:52:10 AM »
I'm a coffee snob/junkie!  Like Schro Unplugged, I'm at about 3 cups a day, BUT unlike him, I don't grind the night before and set the timer... I have a Grind and Brew coffee maker, so all I have to do is put the beans in the hopper at night and set the timer!  It doesn't get any fresher than that!

And as Arnie said... Kona coffee freakin' ROCKS!!

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2007, 07:10:05 AM »
I'm a coffee snob/junkie!  Like Schro Unplugged, I'm at about 3 cups a day, BUT unlike him, I don't grind the night before and set the timer... I have a Grind and Brew coffee maker, so all I have to do is put the beans in the hopper at night and set the timer!  It doesn't get any fresher than that!

We had one of those (Cuisinart), but they replaced it twice during the warranty period. I think I never let the grind portion dry out before I put it together the night before. Water would get into the main unit and it phucked it up. For $20 for the coffee machine and $10 for the grinder, it seemed like a better option.

I'm not a rich, single SBG like you, B-Rob.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

BaldRob

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2007, 07:15:04 AM »

We had one of those (Cuisinart), but they replaced it twice during the warranty period. I think I never let the grind portion dry out before I put it together the night before. Water would get into the main unit and it phucked it up. For $20 for the coffee machine and $10 for the grinder, it seemed like a better option.

I'm not a rich, single SBG like you, B-Rob.

My first Cusinart lasted over 3 years... then the heater element died!  The second one I got as a house warming gift and it lasted just under a year!

The one I have now is a Mr. Coffee (http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Coffee-GBX23-Programmable-Coffeemaker/dp/B000JZ5W36/ref=sr_1_20/002-2136580-1451254?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1189602817&sr=8-20) and it works GREAT and it's a lot easier than the Cuisinart POS!

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2007, 07:20:05 AM »
I got a cappucino machine for a wedding gift and have used it only twice in 2 years.Pretty slack, I know.

There is nothing like the smell of coffee at 7am when the sun is coming up.Give
me a  fresh pot and a newspaper and that is what starts my engine in the mornings.

Bald_freak

« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2007, 03:41:31 PM »
2 20 oz cups of pilot Columbian at work every morning. Starbucks expresso Roast or Sumatra blend on my days off. After initial coffee fix I switch to gatorade or Green tea.

Offline Bolohead

• Bolohead
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • At 56 and still feeling GREAT!
    • Jon Erdmann - Photographer
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2007, 05:24:32 AM »
Coffee is my main vice.... always drinking coffee.

The wife just found me a bag of Kona Coffee 100% no blend, ah its going to be good  :@`

Enter your email address: