Author Topic: Divided We Will Fall  (Read 7432 times)

Offline Grimgor Ironhide

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: Divided We Will Fall
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2018, 11:55:25 AM »
"Something I will not tolerate on here or any where else though are comments I perceive to be racist or prejudice."

So BigKen, basically, what you say is that it only takes your disagreeing with the comment to make it "racist or prejudiced"?...

I see nothing wrong with Skinhead's comment; an opinion is only that, an opinion.

And, since you already stated your own, Isn't it only fair that others do the same, regardless of if it's the same as yours or not?
"I'm gonna stomp 'em to dust. I'm gonna grind their bones. I'm gonna pile 'em up inna big fire and roast 'em. I'm gonna bash 'eads, break faces and jump up and down on da bits dat are left. An' den I'm gonna get really mean."

-Grimgor Ironhide

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2018, 06:16:06 PM »
I'm sorry, but Skinhead's post, as others have noted, was an inflammatory comment.  It may be his opinion, but to single out Barack Obama (who is of mixed race) and Eric Holder as "unqualified blacks" is factually incorrect.  Case in point: Eric Holder graduated from Columbia University both undergraduate and law school (considered one of the top ten American universities), and served as a US Attorney and Deputy Attorney General before being appointed Attorney General.  Nothing in his resume or background says he was unqualified to be AG.

Skinhead is entitled to his opinions, but others are entitled to point out that his opinion as posted comes across as prejudiced.

Offline Grimgor Ironhide

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2018, 07:49:44 PM »
Yes.

The same could be said for the initial post; it all comes down to where one's opinion are, that shapes your line of thinking.

I only wanted to point out BigKen's little threat at what was an opinion, merely because it differed from his.

Anyway, I'm so far away from the US that I don't have a stake on it; it's only my humble opinion.
"I'm gonna stomp 'em to dust. I'm gonna grind their bones. I'm gonna pile 'em up inna big fire and roast 'em. I'm gonna bash 'eads, break faces and jump up and down on da bits dat are left. An' den I'm gonna get really mean."

-Grimgor Ironhide

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2018, 12:38:44 PM »
Yes.

The same could be said for the initial post; it all comes down to where one's opinion are, that shapes your line of thinking.

I only wanted to point out BigKen's little threat at what was an opinion, merely because it differed from his.

Anyway, I'm so far away from the US that I don't have a stake on it; it's only my humble opinion.

As I see it . Big Ken gave an opinion on gun control . Skinhead gave his opinion also . But the difference one came across as a racist remark .  It’s as obvious a can be.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Grimgor Ironhide

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2018, 04:46:14 PM »
" But the difference one came across as a racist remark ."

"Came across as"

Why, to most apparently, does it come across as "racist" while to others, like myself, has nothing wrong whatsoever?

People are too emotional when it comes to different opinions, they don't seem to be able to handle it, regardless of how it is phrased.

Because if everyone does that, then every time someone says something I don't like or agree with, then I can go all like: "Well, to me it came across as..., so automatically you're the bad person".

My intention is not to start a war over this, simply to look at and point out the other side of the coin.

-Grimgor Ironhide

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2018, 05:55:22 PM »
It’s plain as day , when skinhead mentions race in his remarks , what else is he saying ?  If you don’t think it’s inappropriate, so be it . But I do , so let us agree to disagree.

Maybe if you country or race is the one being negatively criticized you might have another opinion .
  As it is we are discussing subjects that this forum does not allow.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 06:09:32 PM by Magoo »
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Enter your email address: