Author Topic: 30 day alum- my baldiversary  (Read 2179 times)

Offline Calvo1029

• Sly Jr.
30 day alum- my baldiversary
« on: November 17, 2017, 11:20:24 PM »
It was Thanksgiving weekend the first time I shaved my head. I had a little to drink and had bought shaving cream and a razor and was working up the courage for weeks.

Boy am I glad I did. I still remember looking at myself for the first time (through cuts) and seeing the real me- not the guy who avoided mirrors to avoid seeing a thinning hair- but instead I saw a confident bald man who loved the way he looked.

I have shaved my head in the morning- and again at night if I'm going out. When I get body wash I wonder how will it smell on my head, and shampoo is only for my beard. And I love the nod and "nice haircut" comments we give each other. I love looking in the mirror now- I only get mad if I see a small patch of hair I missed!

I try to do this each year even though I don't post as much anymore to help all the other guys in my shoes- in their 20s then and facing it early. Hope I inspire some of you the way reading this board did for me!

If only I could figure out how to get rid of the hair that still comes back...

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: 30 day alum- my baldiversary
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 11:53:43 AM »
@Calvo1029 how many years had it been?
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Calvo1029

• Sly Jr.
Re: 30 day alum- my baldiversary
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 10:22:38 PM »
This past November it was 3 years sly.
If only I could figure out how to get rid of the hair that still comes back...