Head Shaving, Grooming & Care > Trimming Your Head/Hair

Considering regrowing my hair

(1/5) > >>

Rusty Shackleford:
I've been shaving my head in a regular basis since August 1999, but I have been considering regrowing. It's been bugging me for a while and here is a dumb reason: there's this weird (staged) show called Storage Wars that holds me whenever it appears on my TV. I hate that. Anyway one of the acto...er... real people had the shaved head goatee thing going and it looked good. Then around the time I started considering regrowing since hair I stumble upon the show and he had a nice fade with a short top. I thought it looked great and it kept the idea alive, but the urge kinda faded (no pun intended)

Then last night I saw a bald acquaintance who had a grown short faded haircut and now I want to do it again. I'm also curious to see just how gray my hair is after this 19 year absence.

And I'm not talking about growing something big or doing "hipster hair" but I'd like to try a faded haircut with an inch or two on the top.

I know it's a "just do it and if you don't like it then shave it of again" thing, but I DEPLORE the idea of being in the spotlight. If I do this it will bring endless annoying comments and other annoyances. I also don't like the idea of having to go get it cut because cutting head hair is far more difficult than cutting a beard.

I also got the urge to perm my beard just to puff it up, and to get that middle-age earring I said I would get once I hit 40 which happened 3 years ago. I don't know why I'm looking to do this, maybe I'm g finally getting that mid-life crisis.

Razor X:
If it’s something you want to do, go for it.  Just don’t be surprised if yiur hair is considerably thinner than it was the last time you saw it.

DoberDaddy:
I did it, and after 24 years, realized I am totally bald!

What are you doing with the beard these days?

Magoo:
Mid life crisis most likely. But we all go through it .

reddog:
I've started growing my hair back more times than I can count. Sometimes I make it 6 to 8 weeks of more. Because I get the dermatitis mostly on the sides and back, I've been growing the top and keeping the sides and back shaved. It's kind of a military look, but at some point I start thinking it looks silly on a guy my age. It is fun taking the clippers to it though.

So, to for it Rusty. Enjoy the process, it only takes 2 weeks to get a good buzzcut going. Everytime you see someone with a shaved head, you might get the urge to shave. I guess that is called shaved head envy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version