Author Topic: Use same razor for my head and face?  (Read 7217 times)

Offline Baby Bruce

• Learning the way of Sly
Use same razor for my head and face?
« on: December 23, 2017, 08:25:36 PM »
Hey guys, have alopecia and got really frustrated with the treatment. I said f it and just started shaving my head. I love the look on me.

My question is should I avoid shaving my face with the same razor I use to shave my head?. I’m doing my best to keep the cost low and maximize my resources. I bought a braun that gets the job done, but I love the smoothness my Gillette fusion gives my head. I have to shave my face for work almost daily.

Is it bad to put shaving cream on my head and face and just shave everything all at once with the same razor?

Feedback is appreciated!

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
Re: Use same razor for my head and face?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2017, 10:50:06 PM »
Welcome to SBG , as for using one razor for head and face . Why not ?  The razor may get dull faster , but so what. But personally I use two different razors ,just my preference.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2017, 08:00:09 AM »
I can't think of any reason not to use the same razor. Sometimes I start with my Remington electric on the sides and back, then lather up and use my Gillette safety razor, then finish up with a quick once over with a Schick Extreme 3. For me, that combo provides an absolute BBS headshave.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline bennett11

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2017, 04:59:21 AM »
I have been using the same razor on head and face for many years.  Currently use Schick hydro 5 sensitive as Costco has had promotions on these.  Earlier used Gillette Fusion. 

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2017, 11:22:29 AM »
Like the others have said, using the same or a different razor for your head and face is really up to preference. The blade will dull faster, so pay attention to the sharpness of the blade and change them when it's time.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2017, 12:03:30 PM »
I use the same razor for both. Like Bennett I use a Schick hydro 5 with good results.
Hair is over rated.

Offline Baby Bruce

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2017, 12:14:43 AM »
Thanks everyone? Anyone know how to change my user name?

Offline Denis Fisher

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2018, 09:18:39 PM »
This is a great solution. Perhaps nature itself has chosen for your perfect style.

Offline tbelot

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2018, 06:55:27 PM »
Appreciate the question and the insightful responses.  I have to be cognizant of the sharpness of my blades.  Have been using Feather DE blades.  Sometimes Harry's in the shower.

Offline Wiremu

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2018, 06:42:26 PM »
I use the same razor for head and face. Never had any trouble that way other than blades getting dull faster.

If it's the Mach 3, I get about two good shaves of head and face before it goes a bit ratty. Will sometimes be able to stretch it to four but that isn't so comfortable.

With the double edge razor, I use blades once on each side for head and face. I'm still trying to decide which ones I like best then I'll buy a bulk pack. Currently spending about $5 for a pack of five. Cheaper than the Mach3's still.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2018, 09:35:07 AM »
I use the same razor for head and face. Never had any trouble that way other than blades getting dull faster.

If it's the Mach 3, I get about two good shaves of head and face before it goes a bit ratty. Will sometimes be able to stretch it to four but that isn't so comfortable.

With the double edge razor, I use blades once on each side for head and face. I'm still trying to decide which ones I like best then I'll buy a bulk pack. Currently spending about $5 for a pack of five. Cheaper than the Mach3's still.

Have you tried the web for DE blades? You should do much better on price . Way better!

Offline Wiremu

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2018, 06:04:59 PM »
Yeah, I know I'm getting ripped off on price there. Just got to decide which ones I want to buy 100 of.
Where do you buy them from? I'm a little hesitant to use ebay etc (security paranoid).

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2018, 07:26:27 AM »
Yeah, I know I'm getting ripped off on price there. Just got to decide which ones I want to buy 100 of.
Where do you buy them from? I'm a little hesitant to use ebay etc (security paranoid).
I have bought from West Coast Shaving in the USA . They have assortment packs to try different brands. I see you live down under , don’t no what shipping would cost?

Offline sellitman

• "Shiny"
  • Sly
  • Love My Henson Ti-22 Safety Razor!!!
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2023, 08:28:59 PM »
I use a mild Henson AL-13 on my head and a Rockwell T-2 on my face. With both razors I use Made in USA Personna Blades . The Rockwell is adjustable while the Henson is a 3 piece razor.

If I had to recommend one it would be the Henson. Especially for beginners.
"There is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God’s grey Earth as that prince of foods... the muffin!"- Frank Zappa

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2023, 05:29:12 AM »
Thanks for the info!
Bald by choice, and loving it!