Head Shaving, Grooming & Care > Face Shaving

Use same razor for my head and face?

(1/3) > >>

Baby Bruce:
Hey guys, have alopecia and got really frustrated with the treatment. I said f it and just started shaving my head. I love the look on me.

My question is should I avoid shaving my face with the same razor I use to shave my head?. I’m doing my best to keep the cost low and maximize my resources. I bought a braun that gets the job done, but I love the smoothness my Gillette fusion gives my head. I have to shave my face for work almost daily.

Is it bad to put shaving cream on my head and face and just shave everything all at once with the same razor?

Feedback is appreciated!

Magoo:
Welcome to SBG , as for using one razor for head and face . Why not ?  The razor may get dull faster , but so what. But personally I use two different razors ,just my preference.

reddog:
I can't think of any reason not to use the same razor. Sometimes I start with my Remington electric on the sides and back, then lather up and use my Gillette safety razor, then finish up with a quick once over with a Schick Extreme 3. For me, that combo provides an absolute BBS headshave.

bennett11:
I have been using the same razor on head and face for many years.  Currently use Schick hydro 5 sensitive as Costco has had promotions on these.  Earlier used Gillette Fusion. 

Tyler:
Like the others have said, using the same or a different razor for your head and face is really up to preference. The blade will dull faster, so pay attention to the sharpness of the blade and change them when it's time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version