Author Topic: Does it get easier?  (Read 13304 times)

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Does it get easier?
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2018, 07:46:17 AM »
I never had any problem with having a shaved head. I actually just mentioned that I decided to get a hair system, just for the f**k of it, and the only one who was upset, was my ex, who said he loves me with the big beard and shaved heads.

The other issue is that as mentioned, you don't "chase" you, go with the flow.

When you meet the right person, it just happens. I personally can relate to @reddog, I, personally, don't really like tattoos, but, in my circle, it is very hard to find someone who does not have at least one or two. So, I met a guy, he has an entire back plate and one sleave. And... we are smitten with each other. The tattoos are not even a thing, and I barely think about them.

Best of luck!

DD

Offline USA man

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2018, 10:06:25 PM »
WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH!!!! Never ever ever never judge your success at dating by your success at online dating. Online dating is millions, billions, times harder than any other form of dating, you could have the most beautiful mop of hair in the world and it's still loads harder than regular dating. I could go on and on about how anti-online dating I am as a dude, for myself and for other dudes. If you find you're unsuccessful at online dating, try something else. Become active, join running clubs, do tough mudders. Hell, go to dive bars. Join clubs man. Go to church if you're religious.

Peace. We're all in this together.

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2018, 12:11:02 AM »
WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH!!!! Never ever ever never judge your success at dating by your success at online dating. Online dating is millions, billions, times harder than any other form of dating, you could have the most beautiful mop of hair in the world and it's still loads harder than regular dating. I could go on and on about how anti-online dating I am as a dude, for myself and for other dudes. If you find you're unsuccessful at online dating, try something else. Become active, join running clubs, do tough mudders. Hell, go to dive bars. Join clubs man. Go to church if you're religious.

Peace. We're all in this together.

I will add to this and say, that in my experience, online dating, is not DATING! It's an exercise in mental masturbation. It's 99% fantasy.

Offline tryingtostaypositive

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2018, 05:10:24 PM »
Are you saying that now that you've started shaving that you're not able to get a date?

Tinca tinca, how are you doing?  I would like an update on your situation. 
Me, I'm having the usual setbacks of being a bald guy. Women simply don't take much notice at all. The only ones that do occasionally are some average looking black girls (who I'm not really into).  White girls, asian girls forget it, not interested. The proof is the reality I face every day. Also I've done this many times but tried again recently. I have a profile on a dating site currently and occasionally I'll change my pictures to how I looked about 5 years ago, when I had enough hair to make out a buzz cut, basically not bald. No doubt about it, I receive more messages than I do when I have my present pictures up of me as a baldie.

I know you guys are trying to stay positive on this forum and even my own screen name wants me to do the same, but you got to face reality to some extent. Bald guys no matter how nice looking your face might be or how tall you are, we're simply at a disadvantage. Just wish more men and women would admit to this.

Offline tinca-tinca

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2018, 02:01:10 PM »
I find it very difficult not being able to have a sex life or have relationships to the point where I think I'm going slightly mad because of it.

Offline KingofSiam

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2018, 05:22:38 PM »
It gets easier when YOU accept your own baldness and let it come across in your personality. Quit waiting for women to accept you. Some will, others will not. Those that won't are letting their shallowness show and will most likely not stay with you in the first place. Others will accept your baldness along with all of the other things that they like about you. Be a man and the women will come.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 06:12:48 PM by KingofSiam »

Offline tryingtostaypositive

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2018, 01:00:44 PM »
I find it very difficult not being able to have a sex life or have relationships to the point where I think I'm going slightly mad because of it.

Tinca tinca, well if it helps I'm in exactly the same situation so I know how you feel. It is a hopeless situation when you feel there's nothing more you can do. Sex and relationships is not totally in our control and dependent on another individual's choice and will.
Life is becoming increasingly more difficult as I get older. The loneliness is really painful, especially on the weekends. During the week I think work distracts me enough to get me through it but this is like a disease. 

I do genuinely believe that if we weren't bald, more women would pay attention to us.  I am a living proof of this. When I was younger and had a buzz cut, I had more attention, women would check me out in public, I had more interest online etc. but now with a totally shiny bald head, I gain very little interest. This as you can imagine is painful. If I was married and/or had a partner, I wouldn't care but as a single man who's still searching for someone, this is a terrible situation to be in. 

There is so much hypocrisy, in that many people will say baldness doesn't/shouldn't matter, it's more about your character and attitude.  Yet we see baldness made fun of, baldness is not viewed as attractive. Tell me how many tv commercials do you see which showcase bald men?  How many slim, beautiful models do you see hooking with bald dudes (and by this I don't mean Jason Statham, Rock etc. I'm talking about every day bald dudes who aren't A-list actors or celebs)?? 

Let me ask you then, how are these women going to get to know your character and attitude if they don't find you physically attractive to begin with??  Because that's what comes first....sure there are exceptions to this maybe like two people who've been friends for a long time etc. but in general bald men are not highly sought after. It's like saying to a fat chick; don't worry about being fat, men will find your sweet nature and kind heart attractive.  How many fat chicks do you see with attractive men?  Doesn't happen.  How many bald dudes do you see with slim, attractive women? Happens rarely.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 01:07:28 PM by tryingtostaypositive »

Offline Blagadan

• Super Sly
  • Feckin' little baldy eejit!
    • My blog: Raiméis
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2018, 04:53:12 AM »
It's not all about looks, you seem to think it is. You don't feel attractive yourself but you want attractive women to like you. Maybe that's fine if you just want to get laid and never develop a meaningful relationship.
I think you need a complete reset here. If you want someone to love, who will love and respect you then you need to change what you value. I'm ugly af, I don't care, I have a wife who loves me for who I am not how I look. And tbh now at 45, bald € bearded, I've had more women hit on me than ever before. They are not size zero models but they are real women.