Head Shaving, Grooming & Care > Head Shaving Product Reviews

Skull Shaver Pitbull Gold - First Reaction

(1/6) > >>

Montana:
Totally love this thing.

I have tried the disposable blades. I have used a Remington 3 head rotary. I have tried a dual blade safety razor and I have tried a few combinations of two of these.

I can get my head shaved very close, so close it shines, but always end up with a burning scalp. I have tried various gels and ended up where I started with Barbasol as the best option. I have used this with a mix of Softsoap also. But again it ends in burning.

So I bought the Pitbull Gold and right away it did a pretty fair job on my head. My hair growth (what's left) is very cyclonic in nature so nothing is straight as far as hair patterns. I used a simple rotation pattern as I shave. Pairing the Pitbull with the shave foam was comfortable.

The first shave left a couple patches on my head. The second shave was closer in some parts but not perfect. However, the shave was close, quick and didn't burn my head up.

The packaging includes a slip about giving your head time to adjust and that's probably very problematic for them as this slip was right on top. However, I'm reasonably confident that this shaver and I will figure out my head very soon.

As a bonus at the time I ordered I was able to get a 3 head shaver for my girl for $9.99

TLDR: I'm very happy with this shaver.

Magoo:
Is this a new model of the Skull Shaver , don’t remember that one?  Hope it works out for you.

Montana:
It's been a month and after a couple of days of irritation, which wasn't terrible, this shaver is doing a better job. Amazing because it was good right out of the box.

There is an adjustment period. That will go away. You must hold it properly to get all 5 rotary heads to contact your skin. It holds it's charge and can run while plugged in but that hasn't been an need.

Overall this thing is great. If your scalp prefers a shaver over blades this is worth serious consideration.

Tyler:
@Montana thank you for the review. That's great to know.

Magoo:
@ Montana , how long does it take to shave your head ? Longer or shorter time compared to a regular blade razor?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version