Author Topic: HeadBlade's own double blades  (Read 6857 times)

Offline WannaBePadre

• Look at all of this stuff!
  • Super Sly
  • The hairs of your head have been counted (Lk 12:7)
Re: HeadBlade's own double blades
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2007, 12:27:31 AM »
Must be huge differences in skin and hair types ... the Atra twin blades cut me up so bad that my routine was to use an electric shaver (Panasonic wet/dry) first dry and then in the shower and then the HB with the Atra in the shower ... anything else wasn't smooth enough, or was stubble within a couple hours.

For me, the HB triple blades get the job done without me having to use the electric at all. I even tried going back to the Atra twins after using the HB triples, but got all cut up ... I've been wary of using HB doubles because of my bad shaves with Atra twin blades ... HB triples keep it smooth for most of a work day.
Nothing says 'God loves you' more than a bald man in mirrored sunglasses.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2007, 12:41:19 AM »
I agree that everyone has a different head shape and skin type, so the same razor isn't going to work for everyone.  That's why it's good to try the different blades on the HeadBlade if your first set doesn't work out for you.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2007, 03:40:52 AM »
You can buy a Womens disposable razor called Daisy,made by Gillette. These disposable razors have removable cartridges and WILL fit on the Headblade Sensor adaptor. They give a pretty good shave but not near as good as the HB doubles or Sensors.

Offline WannaBePadre

• Look at all of this stuff!
  • Super Sly
  • The hairs of your head have been counted (Lk 12:7)
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2007, 10:40:31 PM »
xnewyawka, any chance of donating those triples you want to get rid of? #!@!
Nothing says 'God loves you' more than a bald man in mirrored sunglasses.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2007, 11:26:30 AM »
Padre, I think I'm going to go ahead and keep using them. I find that you do tend to get a better shave after the first couple of uses. I will see if they last as long as some of the other sly guys claim.
The original triple that came on my HB sport did last for about 3 weeks, so if these last that long, then they will be worth the cost. I will keep you posted.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2007, 04:23:23 PM »
Overall I'm finding that the HeadBlade doubles are giving me about the same shave as I get with the Atra blades.

Tyler, I agree as far as the shave. I found them to gunk up more than atra though, did you find that too?

X The Hierophant

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2007, 04:35:29 PM »
... the Atra twin blades cut me up so bad ... I even tried going back to the Atra twins after using the HB triples, but got all cut up ...

Same here man!  Atra's and my smooth dome DO NOT get along at all. :Xo!

X The Hierophant

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2007, 04:39:10 PM »
Padre, I think I'm going to go ahead and keep using them. I find that you do tend to get a better shave after the first couple of uses. I will see if they last as long as some of the other sly guys claim.
The original triple that came on my HB sport did last for about 3 weeks, so if these last that long, then they will be worth the cost. I will keep you posted.

I still need to try my headblade doubles.  I have an unopened pack of ten, but keep using the trusty sensors for the time being.  Next time I change blades I will give the HB doubles a test run.

Also, I followed your sugestion and baught the KoS Alpha Shave Oil today.  Plan to try it first thing in the morning (in combination with the HB slick cream of course)  O0

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2007, 04:38:25 PM »
[quote author=X The Hierophant link=topic=2633.msg50202#msg50202
I still need to try my headblade doubles.  I have an unopened pack of ten, but keep using the trusty sensors for the time being.  Next time I change blades I will give the HB doubles a test run.

Also, I followed your sugestion and baught the KoS Alpha Shave Oil today.  Plan to try it first thing in the morning (in combination with the HB slick cream of course)  O0
[/quote]

X, did you get to use the HB doubles yet? and if you did what do you think?
Also, the KoS oil works great alone, really glides well and gives a smooth shave.