Author Topic: best preshave and after shave suggestion  (Read 3213 times)

Offline Baldassmark

• Learning the way of Sly
best preshave and after shave suggestion
« on: October 21, 2017, 10:31:26 AM »
hello guys i need your opinion. what is the best pre and after shave you can suggest? and best shave brush. thank you.
im a safety razor user.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: best preshave and after shave suggestion
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 04:08:05 PM »
Welcome!

I like to use Shave Secret as a pre-shave oil and I usually use the Van Der Haagen Shave Brush. You can find both in Walmart and most drugstores.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2017, 11:08:01 AM »
That's part of the fun of being a headshaver, trying different soaps, razor, blades, and lotions.

Everyone develops their own routine that works for them. When I shave after a shower with my DE razor, I use Vander Haagen soap and brush. When I shave in the shower with a Schick Extreme 3, I use Cremo and Dial coconut water soap.

After, cold water rinse, witch hazel, and Afta after shave lotion. Shines like chrome!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2017, 03:19:11 PM »
Reddog is right - it’s fun to experiment and find what works. I have a couple different routines.  My wife gave me some pre-shave oil from The Art of Shaving for Christmas. I use it sparingly because it was expensive, but it helps give a nice smooth shave. I’m partial to HeadSlick which you can get at Walgreen’s. I also like Nivea After shave balm.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2017, 12:53:45 AM »
Every other shave I use HeadScrub by HeadBlade or another exfoliant. After I just rinse with cold water.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.