Author Topic: It's happening  (Read 8502 times)

Offline Alexx

• Learning the way of Sly
It's happening
« on: September 19, 2017, 03:28:13 PM »
Hi Guys, I'm 21 and baldness is reclaming me.

I'd like to ask for your honest, and brutal, opinion.
I fear I'm a little embarassed/scared of asking my parents and Friends for It.

Considering that I'm not at my best right Now, should I shave It? Is My head shape, my forehead especially, strange?

Sorry to bother you with such trivial questions

Offline Jordan1991

• Sly
Re: It's happening
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 04:00:46 PM »
Head shape and forehead are fine. Shave it if you want to.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 05:56:41 PM »
Your hair loss is still minor at this point.  No “need” to shave.   It if you really want to, go for it.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 07:47:42 PM »
You have some hair thinning, if I where you do not shave at this point. Why rush it , unless you really want to.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Lenza

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2017, 01:54:48 AM »
It really doesn't look bad to me. My hair is similar to yours only I think that my widow's peaks are where the hair's just gone way past where my hairline used to rest so it still looks pretty bad unless I just comb over the sides. People I know told me they didn't notice but I felt it was for the best.

I don't know about you, but my mentality was, why keep the hair when I have to worry about a rainy or windy day making it look really bad? Waking up each day thinking "how much of my hair is going to fall out today?" Wasn't worth it for me. I have neurotic tendencies, so it was best for me to just nip it in the bud in my own way.

I think you'll look great with a shaved head. It may be a look that'll take time to get used to as you've probably always had hair, but it won't take that long. And you look like you can grow a nice beard too which is a plus. Not that you need to but I think it's always a cool look in my book. Balding and beard growth seem to go hand in hand. Being signs of high testosterone and all.

And whatever your friend's and family's reactions are in the end, I think that they'll all be cool with it after the initial shock wears off. At the end of the day, you haven't changed at all. Besides your hair. If you can handle that, you'll be alright. :) Eventually, you might not have the choice, but it'll work out. I would say to make that choice sooner when it IS more of a choice. It'll make you stronger.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 03:42:01 AM by Lenza »

Offline Alexx

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2017, 07:39:01 AM »
This is exactly what I'm starting to think (and the main reason that has lead me to post this message), thank you for having shared your experience.

Every time I wake up or wash my hair I see more and more or them falling away, and that's unnerving...

Anyway First I have to deal with a bad dermatitis on the scalp (someone up there must have decided to punish me a little  ;D), I don't want to shave my head and look like a reptile.

After that I'll have to take a decisione... thanks for all your support

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2017, 01:01:40 PM »
You still have enough hair if you wan tot keep it longer.  I made a decision, years before my hair started thinning, that I would rather shave at the first sign, that try to conceal or live with a balding head.  So when I shaved (late 40's), no one had even noticed, but It was obvious to me that my very thick hair was thinning.  Within a 3 to 5 years, the top of may head was almost completely bald.

So take your time, and decide at what point you want to shave, and then just do it.  In the mean time, if there are any hair styles that you really want to try, do it now while you can.

It looks like you have very good beard coverage, especially for only being 21.  Facial hair, IMO, compliments a shaved head well. 

And there is nothing wrong with your head shape or forehead.  It will look fine shaved whenever you decide to do it.
SlyBeard

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2017, 08:45:31 AM »
I would say at least go for a buzz, and see how you handle it. You already have some great facial scruff for balance.

You MAY find that the large frames look larger after you buzz or shave. Just an observation.

Good luck!

We are here for you.

Steve

Offline Keith183

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2017, 06:48:46 PM »
With honesty and empathy, I'd say hair loss looks OK, if you were in your 30s. I'd jump ahead of of the hair loss and shave it with pride and power.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2017, 06:54:46 PM »
You may find that shaving will help with the dermatitis. It helps with my dandruff, and others here have said their dermatitis cleared after shaving. Also medicines are easily applied to a bald scalp.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Alexx

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2017, 01:19:09 PM »
Thank you for all your support Guys.

I have to see a dermatologist First, then I'll decide what to do.
Anyway as soon as I have a little time off from University I'm probably going to shave, I Need to know how I look without hair.

When It happens I'll probably come back  ;D

Offline SSL87

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2017, 03:16:05 AM »
those glasses look too big for your face...  grow out a beard.. shave head.. or buzz it real short...  and get contact lenses.. 
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 03:24:48 AM by SSL87 »

Offline brannon67

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2017, 07:21:40 AM »
You still have a lot of hair. Enjoy it while you have it.

Offline Alexx

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2019, 12:02:24 PM »
Well well well

Hi everyone.
It took me a while, but I'm back.
A few months ago I finally decided to get down to business and shave my hair.

It hasn't helped my look or my self esteem (but hey, I wasn't that good looking even before), but it has took away a lot of stress.

I just thought it would be nice to come back and share the experience

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2019, 10:39:30 PM »
You look good with the buzz.

Why do you think that you are NOT good looking?

Enter your email address: