Author Topic: Another thread about head shape... :)  (Read 2330 times)

Offline lebalde

• Learning the way of Sly
Another thread about head shape... :)
« on: July 06, 2018, 06:33:07 AM »
Hi guys! I've been reading this message board for quite some time, and really like the positive vibe in here, people seem to be really accepting and supportive of each other.
I know I'm not the first one to ask about headshape in here, to put it mildly, but it is a thing that has been bothering me a lot recently, and i just can't seem to shake it.
Figured I might as well ask for some advice here.
So my main concern is that I've got a somewhat pointy head, which is obvious when you look at it directly from the front. These pictures are taken with quite short hair, buzzed it to 10mm a while ago, so not much hair to disguise my head shape. I can definitely deal with a little bit of a pointy head, but I am quite afraid that if I were to shave my head I'd get somewhat of a cone head-look, kinda like Marc andreessen: https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/05/18/tomorrows-advance-man
On the other hand, a pointy head more along the lines of James Franco here is something that I wouldn't mind at all: https://www.google.no/amp/s/www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2014/09/james-franco-goes-bald-on-instagram-love-it-or-loathe-it/amp/?source=images
It is just the extremes I am worried about, don't know if it is rational at all or if I'm just being overly analytical and harsh on myself.
I do of course realize that this is something that there's nothing I can do to change, and therefore not something I should spend energy on,  but you know we all have our insecurities, haha :)

Would really appreciate some feedback from you all, would I in your opinion look freaky with a shaved head, or would it be alright?

Offline scooby

• Sly
Re: Another thread about head shape... :)
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2018, 03:06:16 PM »
i think your head shape is fine and it would look good with a buzz cut or a shaved head.try it with a buzz cut first to see how you like it.

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
Re: Another thread about head shape... :)
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 05:31:11 AM »
we all have our insecurities, so that's fine.  I see what you mean re the two examples, i suspect that you are on the Franco end of that particular spectrum, but its one of those things that you will not realy be able to see until you can see your head.  take it down gradually and see how things go, you can stop if you dont like what you see. On the plus side you look as if you have a good head of hair, so if you are unhappy with the sly look a week later and you will be back to where you are in the photos of you that you posted