Author Topic: First Concert Ever!  (Read 5466 times)

Offline BigKen

• Super Sly
First Concert Ever!
« on: May 28, 2018, 09:30:06 PM »
Hey there, All:

I attended my 1st concert as my 31st birthday gift a couple of weeks ago. I went to see one of my favorite rock bands of all time, Bon Jovi!! They performed at Madison Square Garden, and it was a great time! I'm attaching a few photos I took of the show. The pictures are kind of fuzzy, but the memories of that night will never fade.

My questions to you guys: How old were you when you attended your 1st concert, and what artist did you see? This should be fun to see the various responses!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: First Concert Ever!
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 01:40:14 PM »
I think I was 11 or 12 when I attended my first big concert at an arena. It was MC Hammer in Sacramento, CA.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline BigKen

• Super Sly
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 10:27:07 PM »
I think I was 11 or 12 when I attended my first big concert at an arena. It was MC Hammer in Sacramento, CA.

Woww MC Hammer, I wonder what he's up to nowadays!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 03:25:17 PM »
May 1991. Whitney Houston at the New Orleans Lakefront Arena. I was just short of 19 years old.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline BigKen

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2018, 07:27:00 PM »
May 1991. Whitney Houston at the New Orleans Lakefront Arena. I was just short of 19 years old.

I love Whitney!!

Offline GoHabs

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2018, 07:35:24 PM »
First concert was KISS when I was 9 years old.  Still one of the best concerts I've ever seen.  I'm going to the the U2 concert in Montreal tomorrow.  Rock-on dudes!

Offline BigKen

• Super Sly
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2018, 05:49:51 PM »
First concert was KISS when I was 9 years old.  Still one of the best concerts I've ever seen.  I'm going to the the U2 concert in Montreal tomorrow.  Rock-on dudes!

What year did you go and see KISS? I prefer the no-makeup years from the 80s, which is probably the opposite of what most KISS fans prefer.

Offline GoHabs

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2018, 08:09:22 PM »
It was the Love Gun  tour in 1977.  I am a big fan of their early work (1970's).  They always put on a hell of a show.

Offline Wiremu

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2018, 01:25:58 AM »
My first concert was Bon Jovi too. Back in 1989 when I was about 15. My ears rang for days afterwards.

My avatar pic is the nights of my sons first concert...Roger Waters.
I'd already seen Roger three times but this one was the best of all due to the shear excitement of my boys.
One memorable question about two weeks before the concert: "Dad, will I be bored at the concert?" "No son, no you will definitely not be bored" hahaha

Offline GoHabs

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2018, 09:07:36 AM »
I took my son to see KISS when he was 10 years old.  It was fun Rocking Out with my son, but I think I enjoyed it more than he did.

Enter your email address: