Author Topic: Bald and loving it  (Read 4134 times)

Offline Ty1963

• Sly Jr.
  • Hi I'm Ty
Bald and loving it
« on: November 22, 2018, 02:13:01 PM »
So I took the 30 day I'll call a challenge to shave my head I never thought I would say that I would enjoy being bald, but honestly I'm 35 Days Inn shave everyday at least once some days twice and I truly love my new look all of my friends and family say I look wonderful I look younger I look happy which is something they never said before now the big thing is for all those years that I protested I feel kind of stupid just willingly shaving my head and saying I love being bald but I guess I will have to eat crow. Happy Thanksgiving guys oh and I love e wareing beanies. Lol

Hi I'm Ty I'm 55 years old my hair started thinning in my late 20s and really started thinning quickly in my late 40s I've worn a hair system for the last year and I've just decided to shave my head for 30 days and give it a try so far I like it I feel confident with my bald head. Feels great!

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Bald and loving it
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2018, 02:53:17 PM »
Congratulations Ty, you should like it, you look great! Your story is like many of us. Over 5 years ago I decided to shave my head ONE time, just to experience having a bald head. I liked it so much, I've been bald ever since.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Ty1963

• Sly Jr.
  • Hi I'm Ty
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2018, 03:00:57 PM »
Thanks for the support and have a great evening. Ty
Hi I'm Ty I'm 55 years old my hair started thinning in my late 20s and really started thinning quickly in my late 40s I've worn a hair system for the last year and I've just decided to shave my head for 30 days and give it a try so far I like it I feel confident with my bald head. Feels great!

Offline nohairnow

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2018, 04:20:54 PM »
Looks good.  Congratulations on liking the bald look.  Did you like it when it immediately when the shave was still fairly new or did it have to grow on you? 

Offline nohairnow

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2018, 06:08:41 PM »
Just to clarify why I was asking.  I'm having mixed thoughts about mine, one week in.

Offline Ty1963

• Sly Jr.
  • Hi I'm Ty
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2018, 06:42:56 PM »
Well the truth of the matter is is I put my picture up on my Facebook page and I put up a pole for my friends and family with two of my pictures with hair and one new one without and every spots I got was positive which I thought was so bizarre cuz I love my hair even though for the last year-and-a-half it was a hair system that I got nothing but compliments on. After going Sly I went out for a week and did his man on the street interviews everybody that I showed my pictures too and saw me now they're like no hair you look 5 to 10 years younger and you just look more approachable and more relatable and just happier and everyone says that so I lost my mind for a week but I won't say it's growing on me I just look in the mirror and I like it and I don't have to worry about my hair anymore and it's honestly a burden has been lifted

Offline Ty1963

• Sly Jr.
  • Hi I'm Ty
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2018, 07:05:12 PM »
I did leave a couple of things out of that last reply so female friend of mine who I haven't seen in about 4 months so I'm Me 2 days ago and she came up to me and told me how good I look and I look so much more relatable and approachable I am,  I don't understand it I put on one of my hair system today just looking at it I've got Good Hair Systems, but you know the fact is I just it's not me anymore I don't want to put the time and effort into a hair system even though I have like I said some that look really good but I guess the other thing is my two-year-old grandson I was worried about how he would react to my hair being gone and the last two times I've seen him over the past month like I'm his new favorite person he loves my head with no hair maybe he can relate. LOL but best wishes and best of luck and it really is a process but don't let it be at something you settle for do it because you love it and because it's you
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 12:09:25 AM by Ty1963 »

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2018, 07:51:35 PM »
You look awesome!

The freshly shaved head feels great,doesn't it?

Offline Ty1963

• Sly Jr.
  • Hi I'm Ty
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2018, 12:12:43 AM »
Thank you, and yes it feels great and I use a great after shave on it, it is really expensive, but OMG it feels so good to pamper my head. Lol

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2018, 02:06:23 AM »
The only hair system I would wear is if somebody comes up with a Mohawk toupe that looks real!

Offline Ty1963

• Sly Jr.
  • Hi I'm Ty
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2018, 09:59:21 AM »
I have actually seen one of those it is surprising and somewhat amazing

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2018, 01:51:25 PM »
So I took the 30 day I'll call a challenge to shave my head I never thought I would say that I would enjoy being bald, but honestly I'm 35 Days Inn shave everyday at least once some days twice and I truly love my new look all of my friends and family say I look wonderful I look younger I look happy which is something they never said before now the big thing is for all those years that I protested I feel kind of stupid just willingly shaving my head and saying I love being bald but I guess I will have to eat crow. Happy Thanksgiving guys oh and I love e wareing beanies. Lol

damn, you look great without the hair and beanie. f'ing natural dude.  without knowing you, you look YOUNGER shaved bald and showing it.  win win!

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2018, 11:46:39 PM »
I have actually seen one of those it is surprising and somewhat amazing

Really?  Where can I get one?   it would be great for Burningman!