Discussions About Being Bald > Advantages and Disadvantages to being Bald

They say, 'the bald guy. . . '

<< < (2/5) > >>

slybeard:
I am proud to be known as the bald guy, the bearded guy, or the bald guy with the beard.  Often they have to include the beard, or big beard, because there normally are several bald guys around.  Usually I am the only bald guy with a big beard, which makes me stand out. 

But like Dan - I would rather not be called the fat guy.

chrisphilly123:

--- Quote from: Laser Man on April 19, 2017, 07:01:03 AM ---I don't mind being referred to as "the bald guy".  First, it's true / accurate and second, I don't think people mean anything malicious by it.

--- End quote ---
As I former balding teen, it would bother me when I was younger. Since my confidence grew over the years,  it doesn't bother me at all.

Hell, it's like a badge of honor.  Still I do hear 'TBG' a lot. Seems like every week.

Had my huge Danny Partridge red hair not landed in the bathroom drain, I wonder if they would say, 'this order of for REDS'?  ;)

Sir Harry:
Doesn't happen to me very much if at all...Most environments I have been in there is at least one other bald guy; I guess that's probably why I've never been called that.

chrisphilly123:

--- Quote from: SirHarry214 on April 19, 2017, 11:28:35 AM ---Doesn't happen to me very much if at all...Most environments I have been in there is at least one other bald guy; I guess that's probably why I've never been called that.

--- End quote ---
it's funny. . . I'll not hear it for a while, then I'll hear it all the time. Lately I get it a lot. at my gym, there are 4-5 regulars like me, so I never here it there.

Semi-Sly:

--- Quote from: chrisphilly123 on April 19, 2017, 12:14:25 PM ---
--- Quote from: SirHarry214 on April 19, 2017, 11:28:35 AM ---Doesn't happen to me very much if at all...Most environments I have been in there is at least one other bald guy; I guess that's probably why I've never been called that.

--- End quote ---
it's funny. . . I'll not hear it for a while, then I'll hear it all the time. Lately I get it a lot. at my gym, there are 4-5 regulars like me, so I never here it there.

--- End quote ---

I get it the same way!  I was just down in Florida for a week and I got it at least four times!  Rarely get it up here in Illinois!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version