Discussions About Being Bald > Advantages and Disadvantages to being Bald

They say, 'the bald guy. . . '

(1/5) > >>

chrisphilly123:
How often have you been referred to as 'the bald guy' by someone, who you don't really know, to describe you.

For example, I'm waiting in line for a food order and one gal behind said to another employee, 'that order is for the BALD GUY.' I guess I should feel . . . .

How 'bout you?

Quiet_Dan:
yeah, I have had that, but usually it's "the guy with the big beard" but anyway it's better than "the fat guy" which I will admit it is fairly valid though

Laser Man:
Yep - it happens to me a lot.  I had a co-worker say "you're easy to spot in a crowded room. I just look for your shiny bald head." I guess I'll take that as a compliment.

reddog:
Well, I guess the fact is you are as bald as it gets, and it is just human nature to select an easy trait to describe someone.  ;D

It probably happens to us head shavers more than someone that is bald on top with the fringe of hair. The fact that we choose to shave it all off must open it up for identification as "the bald guy".

Laser Man:
I don't mind being referred to as "the bald guy".  First, it's true / accurate and second, I don't think people mean anything malicious by it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version