Author Topic: New #1 in my quest for slickest shave  (Read 8539 times)

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
Re: New #1 in my quest for slickest shave
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2007, 04:45:21 AM »
Hey, X,  Great Avatar,  Looks real SLY!!!! O0
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline Head Bald Guy

• Super Sly
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2007, 05:07:41 AM »
Hey X,

Brooklyn here...you will have to order the Shave Gel online as we are not at retailers out there yet.

HBG

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2007, 10:46:59 AM »
Thanks KC!, being sly feels awesome. I know exactly what you all were trying to get across while I was on the "fence".    ;)
I will get better pics of the sly dome up soon.

HBG, I will order the shave gel asap.
I'm from Staten Island, we were practically neighbors! What part of B'klyn and where did you move to?

xny

Offline Head Bald Guy

• Super Sly
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2007, 04:23:46 PM »
Hey X,

Now in Central NJ, remember to enter Sly Guys in the comments section for a 15% discount

HBG

BaldRob

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2007, 08:09:04 PM »
I'm a firm believer in the KOS shaving oils, but I stopped using them for the summer months... I found that after being in the sun and either a slight burn or tan on the head, the oil was soaking into the skin and I wasn't getting a comfortable shave at all.  Has anyone else experienced this?

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2007, 10:34:13 PM »
Rob, it could be due to the fact that you had a slight burn. Usually the skin will be flaky and dry as it heals, so I bet this was the cause of the oil soaking in quicker.

What have you been using in place of the oil?

I usually use the oil once or twice a week, and then use the Alpha gel or Headslick for the rest. This seems to work very well for me.

BaldRob

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2007, 04:22:50 AM »
I'll use Headslick or KoS Alpha Shaving Gel...

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2007, 07:35:07 AM »
I've noticed with Alphagel that after you shave you can wet your head and the residue left is enough to get you a good small lather to shave a 2nd pass. This helps me get the closet shave possible and remove as much shadow as I can.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2007, 09:57:00 AM »
Same here, JDog, I used it on my face for the first time this week.
Very good, clean smooth shave with little, if any, irritation. It also leaves the skin feeling softer.
It does stay on longer to allow multiple passes.
I alternate weeks with the Alpha gel and Headslick, and throw in the oil now and then too. Seems to work well for me.   

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2007, 11:14:12 AM »
Joe my good friend Paul has recently sent me some Headslick and Headlube and gotta say that the HS gives an unbelievably close smooth shave,the best I have ever had. I whip up a lather with a shave brush in a bowl and apply in the shower and shave with a HB with a Sensor.

then repeat at the sink with a Fusion,Man I have a lot less shadow and have went almost twice as long today without getting stubble.Still slick smooth 15hrs later.

I know what the hype is all about now !B@ !B@

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2007, 01:17:25 PM »
Glad you like the Headslick, JDog, it is good stuff. Still my favorite, but I do alternate with the Alpha gel and oil.
I recently used the HB with a Sensor and that works just as well if not better than the Atra plus.

Lookin' shiny and sly in the pic, bro, and your little boy is a cutie. That's a great age.

And where was the photo taken? Bells? , looks like some decent surf behind you!

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2007, 01:33:52 PM »
I'm a firm believer in the KOS shaving oils, but I stopped using them for the summer months... I found that after being in the sun and either a slight burn or tan on the head, the oil was soaking into the skin and I wasn't getting a comfortable shave at all.  Has anyone else experienced this?

Nope, and I think what you're experiencing is because you're a weenie. Bear down, biiioch.  ;D

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Enter your email address: