Author Topic: Need help - shaving problems  (Read 2226 times)

Offline Ronen111

• Learning the way of Sly
Need help - shaving problems
« on: September 10, 2016, 10:16:27 AM »
Hey,

I'm new here, so i went on the "bald" style about a month ago while using electric shaver and it was ok but it took me alot of time and wasnt close enough for me so i decided to try razor about 3 days ago.

and now i have this problem, there are some places in my head that the razor just doesnt shave, i know it sounds stupid but my head is like smooth and clean with 0 hair in one place and in some small spots i got hair left (really small hairs, like the kind you get after using electric) and im looking in the mirror and the razor go over those hairs and just doesn't cut them off, im trying from every direction and it's just doesnt cut off...and i look ridicolous now..bald with spots of hair..

I'm doing the exact same things as i see in video guides on youtube about how to shave all the preshave routine and all,and i do the exact same thing and they get perfect bald head and im left with those little hairs on my head,someone else also had this problem?what can i do?

Offline amatlock2778

• Sly
Re: Need help - shaving problems
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2016, 10:44:25 AM »
Thats a wierd problem  pics might help, but im inclined to beleive that the problem may be that you just arent using the best razor for your particular head and hair.  Theres no one razor that works best for everyone, so maybe try using a different razor.  But dont br discouraged if that doesnt help.  Just keep trying different razors until you find the one that gives you the perfectly smooth shave youre looking for.  Might also just be in your mnd as to exactly how bad the problem is.  It may be glarinly obvious to you, but others might not even notice it.  Again, pics would help to know best if thats the case or not.
Bald by chioce, never going back

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2016, 01:22:05 PM »
Yep, you just have to try different razors or angles. Whatever you do, don't apply more pressure or you will get razor burn.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline tranceavia

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 03:17:57 AM »
Try putting a bit of pressure on your scalp to make the skin kore taught. This makes it easier to get those stubborn hairs. I..e. gentle pull to like streching a balloon.
Forever new frontiers

Offline socknoggle

• Sly
  • Grateful follower of Jesus Christ
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2016, 07:59:24 AM »
I have that problem sometimes.  I have a spot on the very back of my head where the occipital process sticks out.  I have to use all sorts of different angles, shaving in different directions.  I never get it quite perfect.  I agree with reddog that you shouldn't apply more pressure.  Most of the time when I have the issue you're having it has to do with the angle of the razor relative to the scalp.  If it's too shallow or steep the blades will be lifted slightly.  You may want to look at that.