Author Topic: New to this and need some advice  (Read 1838 times)

Offline tranceavia

• Sly Guy in Training
New to this and need some advice
« on: September 06, 2016, 11:03:24 PM »
Hi all,

So after thinning for about 3 years, last thursday i finally went for it and shaved it all off. I used clippers with a '0' head  on for the forst one. I instantly loved the new look but there was still.too much hair.

Since then ive shave the my braun series 3 electric. Ive tried 2 daily but head feels like velcro and daily.

I prefer the daily feel and look. But my questions are:

- if shaved wet with a blade how much shorter will it be?
- how much longer would 1 shave last?
- if i carry on daily with the electric will the hair i have left get thicker (as in individual strands - obvioudlsly not overall lol

Amy other tips for a new baldie?

Forever new frontiers

Offline Quiet_Dan

• Super Sly
Re: New to this and need some advice
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 02:54:39 AM »
Welcome mate!

Wet shaving will give you quite a smooth finish (for how long depends on the individual) I generally shave every other day. and no, shaving doesn't make your hair thicker (I dunno how that myth manages to last) If so I'd be able to have a full head of hair again!

I've personally never been happy with the finish from an electric shaver, I personally shave my head with a Mach3 razor. I also have significant MPB and don't like shaving so am currently going through laser. I know that isn't an answer for many people. We all find our own style and way in life. But it is a good place here to chat with guys who know this way in life
God created only a few perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair!

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 06:57:42 AM »
Welcome!

An electric shaver never gets quite as close as a wet shave with a razor.  A razor shave will give you a very smooth dome.  Depending on the texture of your hair, the smoothness can last for a good number of hours before the growth is noticeable to the touch.

And Quiet_Dan is right, repeated shaving does not make the remaining hair thicker or coarser.  The only thing you'll notice is that the skin on your scalp will become accustomed to being shaved.

Offline Miller1989

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2016, 06:10:42 PM »
It's actually pretty easy to wet shave your own head with a blade. I was a little nervous too, but don't sweat it. Just don't press too hard and take your time and things will turn out OK.