Author Topic: used a bent blade...  (Read 5538 times)

Offline sniper272

• Learning the way of Sly
used a bent blade...
« on: September 04, 2016, 06:45:01 PM »
ok so i put my shaver in one of my bags and it must have got bent or something because when i came to shave with it i ended up ripping out a streak of hair, felt really hot and sharp, dident help that i was in a rush and my first stroke had slightly more force then i should have .. im not sure if it is a scar as its healed over now but the hair does not grow in that area no more? Its like a strip of hair is missing :( will it grow back?

« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 06:47:26 PM by sniper272 »

Offline SlyCatCrossing

• Sly
Re: used a bent blade...
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 03:18:03 PM »
Ill preface all of this by saying I am not a medical professional so I cannot answer from that end nor verify the validity of my response.  With that being said:

First off, you probably either gouged below the layer of skin where your hair follicle grows or just ripped out the hairs entirely (think tweezing/waxing for example) without removing layers of skin.  Either way the hair should come back, just may take awhile. Especially if you did in fact remove skin and and hairs. 

Without going into too much gross detail I can tell you that I had an abscess removed from a lower bodily area and couldn't sit for awhile as a result... Hoping at this point you get the picture and I don't need to elaborate haha.  Anyway,  that was around 2011 and while not all of the hair has come back it has come back much more then I ever imagined and I can CONFIDENTLY tell you that you removed nowhere near the amount of flesh this surgeon had to remove (we are talking the size of a fast food burger patty). If mine is coming back yours will for sure... Just may take awhile.
Bearded, Bald By Choice, and breathin' the Florida ocean air

Enter your email address: