Author Topic: ATX Blades  (Read 6018 times)

Offline skuzzb

• Learning the way of Sly
ATX Blades
« on: August 12, 2016, 06:28:12 PM »
has anybody found any cheap replacements blades for the Headblade ATX??if so what brand??
thanks

Offline SlyCatCrossing

• Sly
Re: ATX Blades
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 07:31:15 PM »
Dorco all day man.  If you sign up for their emails you get insane coupons monthly (usually 30-75%) plus their base prices are killer.  The pace 4 and pace 6 are the same as the hb4 and hb6, same blade... Just different color strip and fraction of the cost.  Also the dorco twin carts fit the sport adapter, should you prefer 2 blades.  One thing with the pace 4 and pace 6 is you need to pop off a little piece of plastic from the back for it to fit the atx adapter.  I can post a quick pic tutorial if you want.  It's super easy and well worth it for how much money you save on these .

I'm not affiliated with dorco at all btw, I just have had nothing but quality product and great customer service from dorco.  My wife exclusively uses dorco and loves them also.  I can usually get great deals for both of us.
Bearded, Bald By Choice, and breathin' the Florida ocean air

Offline SlyCatCrossing

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 07:33:12 PM »
Should you ever get into de razors the dorco 301 are also a great starter blade for those just learning technique

Offline skuzzb

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 08:03:01 PM »
SlyCatCrossing,that would be great if you can post a pic or 2.
thanks
Dave

Offline SlyMike

• Ad Free VIP
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Big Beard and Bald Head - I love it!
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2016, 11:57:49 AM »
I'd also be interested as I have just bought some Dorco blades to try (at about 1/2 the price of headblade blades that I can find in the UK).
First started shaving my head on the 9th October 2014

Offline SlyCatCrossing

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2016, 07:57:44 PM »
Sorry for the delayed response,  I had to work all day so I'll post those pics tomorrow.

Offline SlyCatCrossing

• Sly
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2016, 07:59:01 AM »
Ok so I promised a picture tutorial of using dorco carts with the head blade system, here we go!

First off, this is the dorco twin blade cart attached to the head blade sport adapter (which DOES fit on the atx. I've done it many times with no issue.  Disregard any statement saying the sport adapter does not fit on the atx).  The twin cart requires no mod and fits out of the box.

Here is the dorco pace 4 cart (think hb4) but this all applies to the pace 6 should you prefer 6 blades.  First is the cartridge with the dorco adapter we will remove shortly and I set the atx adapter next to it for an early visual.

Simply take a pair of tweezers and wedge them under the dorco adapter to gently pop it out.  You can set the cart on a dish towel or hold the sides with your fingers so you don't get cut.

Here is the dorco adapter almost fully off the cart, this is just a visual so you can get a better idea of how it comes off to reveal the slots for the atx adapter posts.

This is the cart with the dorco adapter fully removed and the atx adapter below it, unattached, so you can see what all three separate pieces look like.

And finally here is are two pics of what the dorco cart looks like after their adapter has been removed and the atx adapter attached.

The first couple times you do this it may take you a few mins but honestly by your 3rd-4th cart you'll have this done in 10 seconds tops.  It's really easy, saves you a ton of money, and they give great shaves!

I just want to  say again, make sure you either hold the cart on the sides or set it down on a dish towel.  If you go about it properly you won't get cut but still we are dealing with sharp razors here so exercise a degree of common sense and you'll be just fine. Hope this all helps!

Happy shaving !
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 08:04:47 AM by SlyCatCrossing »

Offline skuzzb

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2016, 01:51:26 AM »
awesome SlyCatCrossing,great tutorial,much appreciated,
Dave

Offline SlyMike

• Ad Free VIP
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2016, 05:09:33 PM »
Thanks Slycatcrossing for this, my order arrived today and although I did ping a couple of the dorco adapters round the bathroom, they were very easy to remove  O0

Offline SlyCatCrossing

• Sly
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2016, 05:29:29 AM »
Great, I'm happy this helped!  I too have flung a few of those dorco adapters around the bathroom my first few times but as long as I found them before my puppy all was well haha. 

Don't forget to sign up for Dorco's email blasts, they have stupid deals all the time.  For example they just had a "back to school sale" with a deal that was like 40% off and free shipping or something along those lines. They also occasionally send coupons in box with your orders.  I bought I in such bulk due to all the discounts I came across that I think my has house has 2 and 4 blade carts for a year (and I haven't even shaved my head in almost two months haha)

Offline SlyMike

• Ad Free VIP
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2016, 04:02:40 PM »
Just shaved with the headblade ATX and dorco blades and it seemed a lot better than the headblade blades.

Do their e-mail blasts cover the UK?

Offline SlyCatCrossing

• Sly
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2016, 06:35:41 PM »
Super cool mike! Happy to hear they are working out for you!  I'm honestly not sure of they cover the uk as far as emails but I do know they ship pretty much anywhere in the world and bigger consumer countries (such as the us and uk for example) all have their own "divisions" within the company.  Pop on their website and check them out.  I've spoken personally to the president of us sales and he was very nice.  I know (in the us atleast) there is a sale going on as we speak.