Author Topic: Hello, I'm Vince and I am now officially SLY  (Read 4494 times)

Offline Vince

• Sly Jr.
Hello, I'm Vince and I am now officially SLY
« on: August 09, 2016, 01:16:26 AM »
Hello everyone,

I was so happy to find this forum.  It has helped me quite a bit in my acceptance stage.  A little history on me:

I started going bald approx 9 years ago.  I was completely and utterly devastated and depressed about it.  I stayed that way for awhile, then decided to just get rid of all my hair.  I did a very short buzz cut and looking back now, that looked really good on me.  However, that only lasted about 2 weeks because I just couldn't stand the sight of myself so I started wearing hats religiously.  For some reason, I thought I had a funny shaped head.

Fast forward to this year, the date is June 24th.  I'm sitting at a very nice posh upscale place wearing my hat of course when this very attractive young bald guy walks in.  He had like a stuble type beard and he was wearing a suit.  I am not gay, but I have to admit there was something about him, a confidence if you will, that just made people gravitate toward him.  Many beautiful young girls were flirting with him.  He was reeking with confidence, plus he was a very handsome guy.

Shortly after that, another guy, who looked like he could be his brother came in.  He was also dressed the same way, had a stuble type beard and had the most beautiful woman on his arm.  They sat down, had some drinks and she could not get enough of him.  Kept grabbing his head and kissing his lips.  So there I sat alone with no woman and watching these 2 young bald guys completely fitting in and owning the place, being admired by all the beautiful women.

Right then and there, something clicked inside of me.  Why in the hell was I clinging onto all these stupid hats for all these years?  If they can walk into a room confidently with a bald head and turn beautiful women's heads, then damn it, so could I.  Lol

The very next day, I did the buzz cut again as low as possible and vowed to not wear hats anymore unless it was winter and cold outside.  However, I still wasn't liking the buzz that much, especially now that my hairline had receded so much more over the last 9 years.  So I started looking for information on how to go completely bald.  I ran across a video of a guy using Nair on his head successfully so I thought I'd give it a try.  I bought the same version of Nair he used and followed his instructions exactly and I had the same results.  A perfect bald head with no burns or marks or anything.

I used Nair about 2 more times, but started to find the process quite cumbersome.  So that's when I started searching for information on using razors to get the bald look.  That is how I found this forum.  This forum has been such a great help to me.  Until I found this forum, I had no idea just how many men struggled with losing their hair in the same manner as me.  I really thought I was the only one who was secretly and silently suffering from it.  This forum has given me so much confidence and advice since I've been lurking here.

I have now started helping other friends of mine who are also balding and wearing hats everyday because they are ashamed of their heads.  I tell them about the 30 day rule and how that has helped me and it can help them to.

So yeah, I shave my head every other day now and the process only takes me about 5 minutes.  I got it down.  I really enjoy having a bald head now.  It's soooooo liberating and it's very easy to maintain.  Much easier than a head full of hair.  And I have much more confidence now.  I have gotten the attention of many beautiful females after going bald.  Way more than when I was wearing hats.  I should have done this so long ago.

So that's my story.  Glad to be here.  I plan on posting various pics of me in the past to help fill in the blanks of my story.

Signed Vince
Proud to be SLY

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
Re: Hello, I'm Vince and I am now officially SLY
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 04:29:42 AM »
Good story. Welcome. Post often.

Encourage other guys in their journey.

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 05:46:57 AM »
Welcome to the board, Vince, and thank you for such a great story to start a day!

Glad you found a routine that works for you and that you like the smooth look.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline Vince

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 06:11:08 AM »
Thanks guys!

I truly am very glad to be here.
And yeah, my routine for shaving rocks, imo.  I did a ton of research here on different razors, gel, foam, shaving methods, etc... then watched many videos of guys shaving their heads.  It didn't take me long to figure out a method that worked for me.

To my credit, I haven't cut myself one time shaving my head yet... "knock on a whole bunch of wood..."  :*))  We'll see how long that lasts.  ;D

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2016, 11:47:08 AM »
Welcome, Vince! Great story, I too flipped back and forth between buzzed and shaved and decided to shave permanently eight years ago and haven't looked back since. Enjoy the forum!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2016, 08:07:22 PM »
Welcome Vince     @#07
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2016, 04:41:01 PM »
Welcome
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Vince

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2016, 02:10:32 AM »
Thanks for the welcomes everyone.

Moderator(s):
I just now realized there is an "INTRODUCTION" section of the forum.  I didn't know that when I started this thread.  Please feel free to move this thread over there.

Appreciate cha!  O0

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2016, 08:47:24 PM »
Welcome, I flipped back and forth the first few months, but I decided to shave permanently 12 years ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline AJ Q-Ball

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald Head and Full Beard: Awesome combination
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2016, 05:39:53 PM »
I know I'm late to the party Vince but great story! You rock the bald head.

Offline tobler1

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2016, 06:49:10 PM »
Welcome...glad you've found the experience to be so positive.

Offline Adamski1972

• Super Sly
  • Bald and bold!
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2016, 11:58:22 PM »
Great positive post! Glad it's going so well for you!